• Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sterling
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2011, 02:26:28 am »
Hi Mike & Sue,
I went to this website
 2011 Pomona RV & Travel Show | Affinity Events
2011 Pomona RV & Travel Show. THE POMONA RV & TRAVEL SHOW HAS BEEN CANCELLED. PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR DATES AND DETAILS. For more information, please call Jim Sibert 800-736 ...
www.agievents.com/shows/​display.cfm?showid=40

Today I found another website  http://www.carvshow.com/ that publicizes the event will go on.
Not sure why!

pyrthkr

« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2011, 02:28:12 pm »
Interesting.  Think we'll tentatively plan on going the 2nd w/e & see if they actually open on the 14th.  I was hoping to see the new 2551 +/or 2552.
 :cool

rvdreamer

« Reply #152 on: September 21, 2011, 05:11:37 pm »
 Hi, 

Brand new to this forum. Wanted to share afew things:
1) Thanks a heap to Ron Dittmers for his excellent articles regarding the PC. He's 'sold' me.
2) Unfortunately I can't find the used 2100 non slide 2008 or later.
3) Should you or anyone you know be searching for an RV on-line DO NOT go to rvall.com. BOGUS and it gives scammers all the info about what you are seeking so that they magically show up and if you aren't careful would be out of $$$. 

aimee

« Reply #153 on: September 21, 2011, 05:31:28 pm »
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the heads' up on the scam site.

George Nauman

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 10/2014
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Cafe
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2011, 03:35:04 pm »
Greetings to the forum.  We are now the proud owners of a pristine 2006 PC 2551.  Only 14K miles and in excellent condition.  We have only used it one night so far (last Saturday after we picked it up), but already love it.  Hoping to get in a few weekends before the temps drop and the snow flies.

George and Jude

TomHanlon

« Reply #155 on: September 23, 2011, 03:50:51 pm »
 (w) (w) (w) George and Jude.

pyrthkr

« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2011, 12:20:23 pm »
Welcome George and Judi!

We have a 2008 2551 and love it!
 :cool

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: March 2012
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: cherry
  • ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2011, 12:43:20 pm »
George and Jude,

Welcome to our Forum. You will love your PC. We have a 2011 2551 and so far so good--we have to do some work on the shocks to improve the ride and then it will be 100%.

It's going to be kind of confusin'--we are George and Judi and you are George and Jude.

Enjoy!

George and Judi
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL

Butchadams

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2011
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Lower Dusk
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2011, 11:04:55 pm »
I'm catching a 6am flight out of Seattle, on my way to Elkhart.  I'll be picking up my new 2552 on Monday!!
I will start heading back west either Monday or Tuesday, depending on what time we wrap things up.  It's going to be a long solo trip, but the DW will be waiting, as she could not come because she just had a proceedure done on her knee.

I plan to take my time (to a degree) and enjoy myself!!!

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2011, 12:15:06 am »
I'm catching a 6am flight out of Seattle, on my way to Elkhart.  I'll be picking up my new 2552 on Monday!!
I will start heading back west either Monday or Tuesday, depending on what time we wrap things up.  It's going to be a long solo trip, but the DW will be waiting, as she could not come because she just had a proceedure done on her knee.

I plan to take my time (to a degree) and enjoy myself!!!
Congrats!

For the non-local customer, the factory advises to camp one night locally to make sure you are satisfied before heading home.  You might want to do that.  If you think something isn't right, return the next morning and the factory makes you their highest priority to get you on your way.  Sometimes you think something is not working right when it's opperator error.  But sometimes they will need to repair, adjust, or replace something they did not catch in final inspection.  Sometimes it just the flipping of a switch too, furthering your education.

The first time we camped in a cold climate, we were in the Rockies.  The furnace didn't work.  I found a switch located behind the outdoor panel.  Things like that can happen.....nobody's fault.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:20:06 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

TomHanlon

« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2011, 08:28:42 am »
Welcome Butch.

I hope you are not picking up my new 2552. :-D I guess I better call on Monday and see when mine will be ready. You sure made a great choice of motorhome and model. I would have bought the 2552 the first time if it had been available, but it wasn't.

Ron is correct on spending one night locally. (exactly)  I would suggest the Elkhart Campground. It is just a couple of miles away from the factory and a couple of miles from a Lowes, Walmart and an Manards hardware. All good places to stop and get towel bars, T/P holder, etc, so the factory can install them while you are picking up the PC. They are on the way from the airport to the factory. We spent on night when we picked up our first PC and tested everything we could. All the lights, water, air conditioning (both house and Fords dash), heaters (dash, LPG and electric), doors and drawers, plugs (have a small plug in test light with you) and vents. Some of these things you can test during the walk through but doing them again at a campsite helps. We found one small thing, the passengers side door molding over the outside mirror was broken. We stopped at the factory and Bobby replaced it in about two minutes. He also answered a couple of question I came up with while camping in the PC.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your new PC and the trip home. What color and options did you get?

Stay on the forum and let us know what you thing and mods you make to make it your own.

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2012
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: cherry
  • ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2011, 09:35:54 am »
Welcome!!! Ron and Tom are correct--spend a night in Elkhart in the coach to make sure everything is a go for your trip home.

You will love your 2552; we were just under the wire for the debut of the 2552 when we ordered our 2551. It would have been a 2552 had we known. Such is life.

The folks at the factory aim to please. They are a great group. Customer service is top notch. That is one of the reasons that we have had two new PC's in two years.

Safe travels,
Judi and George
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL

Bob Mahon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 6/2011
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
« Reply #162 on: October 02, 2011, 11:23:01 am »
A suggestion:
Set the thermostat at it's highest and fire up the Furnace. Let it run for a half-hour or so while you're out of the 'House'.
When new they often give off unpleasant fumes that irritate and set off the smoke detector.

The 2552 is a very nice unit and I believe you'll be happy with it (we are).
Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.

mciai2000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 09/2011
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: grey
  • ExtColor: full body night shadow
« Reply #163 on: October 02, 2011, 04:11:25 pm »
 :-D  welcome and enjoy..

DJM
family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)

TomHanlon

« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2011, 05:59:55 am »
Butch Adams,

How did your trip/pickup go? Did you enjoy the ride home?