• Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Greystone/Custom
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1290 on: January 04, 2021, 11:09:08 pm »
Hi Ron S
Thanks. Now that the slide is inoperable I'll just wait until I can get to Elkhart. I'm looking forward to seeing the factory.
RonJ

gandalf42

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: May.2017
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Hickory/Graystone
  • ExtColor: 2 Tone Graystone/Nightshade
« Reply #1291 on: January 05, 2021, 07:39:41 am »
Congrats your new rig! Hope everything gets fixed quickly for you.

Hadn't heard of the Battleborn bundle before. Where do they put all of those batteries? Did it come with solar as well?
Mike & Pat Astley,

jhobbs

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9/2020
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2020 Phoenix Cruiser
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #1292 on: January 05, 2021, 08:04:11 am »
Congrats Ron on your new ride!  That is top of the line stuff there.  I donít know anything about the water heater system.  Sorry I canít help there.  My slide is different as well.  Did you try to talk through troubleshooting over the phone with PC?  Perhaps it could save you a trip. 

Love that color too!!  PCers are the sharpest on the road! 

Ron S

I agree, that color is very cool.

Jeff

jhobbs

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9/2020
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2020 Phoenix Cruiser
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #1293 on: January 05, 2021, 02:01:35 pm »
Hi...  I've been on the forum for a while.  Learning a lot.  A few months ago we finally purchased our dream RV.  It's a 2020 2552.  We bought it used with about 3000 miles on it.  It has the V10.  It also has 2 air conditioners, Liquid Springs, a compressor fridge, 50 Amp service, 4 lithium batteries, Truma Aqua go Plus (hot water), among other extras.

Previous owner says this was the first PC to get the compressor fridge and lithium battery setup.  It's now an option.  The lithium battery setup is the "Battle Born Bundle". It's a $3600 option (after the 20% discount).

We picked it up from the previous owner's place.  It was too far out to get an RV inspector out there.  Everything appeared to work so we drove it home.  It was a two day drive home.  It rode well. We stayed at a Cracker Barrel overnight.  About a week after we got it home, as I'm checking everything out in detail, I find that I can't get hot water.  My guess is I'm doing something wrong.  Also the slide worked perfectly, until it wouldn't come in.  Luckily it was parked at my home so I didn't panic.  I called a mobile RV tech who came out and confirmed that the motors were working.  He was able to disengage stuff and push it in.  It's now being held in place with a couple of 2x4s inside the coach.  We have an appointment to drive up to the factory (another  2 day drive) in April.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, we love our new castle on wheels.  I just wanted to share our experience and say hello.

I also have a problem with the water heater.  Can't get it working on gas or electric.  I haven't had time to call PC yet, but will eventually.  Others have mentioned there are issues with the control board, so that might be it.  Let us know what you find out. 

Jeff

RonJ

• Ron & Pilar
    • View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 10/2020
« Reply #1294 on: January 05, 2021, 02:52:02 pm »
I'll let you know what I learn about the water heater.
I have attached a photo of the Battle Borns.  They fit perfectly on the slide out tray. Not sure if the opening size has been modified by the factory.
2 150 watt solar panels

We love the color too.
RonJ

fandj

• View Profile
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Nightscape - full body
« Reply #1295 on: February 07, 2021, 10:04:02 am »
Ronj,
Your battery photo appears to be two 12 volt Battleborn batteries connected in parallel.  Am I seeing this correctly?  Your post indicated there were 4 lithium batteries with the Boondock option.  If I am correct there are only two batteries in the photo where are the other two batteries installed?  This appears to be a nice system.

RonJ

• Ron & Pilar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: February 07, 2021, 04:33:14 pm »
FandJ
You are correct.... my error... 2 batteries.
It's called the "Battle Born Bundle"
RonJ

Old Mainer

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 2021
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #1297 on: February 19, 2021, 12:23:48 pm »
Hello,
New member. I recently purchased a 2008 PC 2350 with slide that I found on Craigslist. It has just over 30,000 miles on it and I got it for $37,500 which I thought was a pretty good deal. It's in great shape and everything seems to be in working order. Driving it home from Massachusetts to Maine, it rode and handled great.
I'm new to the forum but not to RVing. This is our fifth motorhome. Since 2000, we've had a 27' 92 Coachmen Capri class A, a 19' 98 American Cruiser class B, a 24' 97 Born Free RB class C and currently a 31' 03 Winnebago Minnie class C. The Coachmen was just simply poorly designed and built. The American Cruiser was super fun and an amazing use of limited space, but in the end just to small for comfort. The Born Free was a great size with build quality similar to PC but for sleeping it was the cab-over bed or the Flex steel jackknife sofa, neither of which was ideal. The Winnebago with rear bedroom and huge slide is comfortable and has served us well for the last 3 years, but the build quality is mediocre at best, and I missed the maneuverability of the Born Free. For me, I think the 22-25 feet is the best compromise between size and drivability. I think the PC2350 with the rear quarter bed and the tri-fold bed in the slide will be the ideal design for us that we have been looking for.
I have already found this forum to be a wealth of information.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 12:29:31 pm by Old Mainer »
Randy H.
2008 PC2350 w/slide

RonJ

• Ron & Pilar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: February 19, 2021, 12:41:52 pm »
Welcome Randy!
RonJ

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1299 on: February 19, 2021, 04:11:48 pm »
Hi Randy!

Welcome!  It's always great to add another experienced RV'er with such a broad background to the forum.  You're correct about the forum being a "wealth of information" but that's largely because of folks like you  that have a lot of knowledge and experience to contribute---so don't hesitate to give us the benefit of what you have learned over the years.

Hope to hear from you frequently!          Mike

Rick McLin

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Feb 2021
  • ModelYear: 2021
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #1300 on: February 20, 2021, 08:35:56 pm »
Where are the low point drains on the 2021 Cruiser 2552?  The on-line videos are worthless, the manuals are even worse.  I have disassembled the interior and I found the fresh water tank drain, the water heater winterizing valves, but where are the low point drains?  I'm in Texas and I just brought home a new 2021 Cruiser 2552.  Just in time for the BIG FREEZE.  I have heated inside storage with electric heat, which of course, failed.  The temperature got down to 9 F, and stayed below freezing for days.  Long story short, pump froze solid and the housing is cracked and leaking because I couldn't find the low point drains. 

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #1301 on: February 20, 2021, 09:25:56 pm »
WELCOME

They are same place the water heater bypass drains are... Under the lowest drawer in the kitchen.  You need to pull the drawer out and disengage from the tracks so you can remove the drawer completely.

The low point drains are pull up handles, close to the face of the cabinet, one on the hot water line exiting from the water heater, the other on the cold water line going into the heater.

Whomever you picked up the PC from should have been able to tell you as could have the factory if you'd have called them.  Since you drained the water tank, worst case, you could have turned the pump on and then turned on the sink and shower or run into a bucket and thrown the water outside.

And just for future reference, this type of question should go as a new topic rather than in the introduce yourself thread.

Hope the water pump was the only damage, they are cheap to replace.

Don
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 09:30:16 pm by donc13 »
---
Don and Patti

Rick McLin

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: Feb 2021
  • ModelYear: 2021
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #1302 on: February 20, 2021, 10:16:41 pm »
Pulled the drawer but did not see the pull up handles.  I bought the unit from La Mesa in Phoenix.  This was the first unit they had seen.  During the walk through they knew less than I did.  This is my sixth RV so I'm not a newbe but locating things is the biggest challenge. 

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1303 on: February 20, 2021, 10:50:36 pm »
Rick,

Here's a photo that might help.  Lance's 2552 is a 2017, and the posting is about changing the pull-up drains to valves, but the location under the drawer that Don refers to should be the same as yours.

https://forum.phoenixusarv.com/index.php?topic=4073.msg35472#msg35472

All the best,      Mike

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #1304 on: February 20, 2021, 11:50:58 pm »
Rick,

Crawl under your PC and look for the pair of drain tubes coming through the floor.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer