• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1275 on: October 21, 2020, 09:37:34 am »
Wow!  Motorcycle and pop-up to a 2910D---that IS quite a change!
I was thinking the same thing.

Congratulations and "Welcome" to the PC family!

Your plan for the Appalachian Trail sounds awesome.

If John makes a friend or two along the way, you can offer A.T. services.
Jo's outdoor shower & burger for $12.  Add a fries and a drink, a value pack for $15  :)
But beware, you might have a long line of customers.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:39:22 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

TLGNH

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2020
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #1276 on: October 30, 2020, 06:54:31 pm »
Hi Everyone, my first posting. We recently purchased a 2015 2910T. We are completely green! Haven't spent any time camping, but having traveled a bit on business I had no interest in long series of hotel rooms while seeing the country. We are a couple years from retiring and I didn't want our first junket to be across the country so we will take a couple years and get acclimated. I did due diligence before purchase. First stop was diesel pushers. Since I wasn't buying new, the potential for high dollar repairs convinced me to run away. Equally important was my wife could not get comfortable with the 'bus' profile and so we didn't spend much time on gas class A's either. Once we narrowed to C size, it really didn't take long to settle on PC.  After looking at much commentary and owner forums (and lots of Earl's videos), it seemed like the PC community was hands-down, the  group happiest  with their purchases. (I was appalled at the build quality of  the mass manufacture outfits.) So, the challenge became finding a suitable PC unit, which took several months but we eventually got there. We have only spent a couple nights in the unit (one of them in our driveway... :) ) Being in the great frozen north I have already (with Earl's help) winterized the van.
A couple questions already.....First, the grey tank flush is not functioning. Though I am somewhat handy and not afraid of DIYs, this strikes me a a job that requires a tech. I understand many manufacturers don't have the grey tank flush feature, how important is it to fix?
Second, the black tank gate valve would not close without some minor (kinetic) assistance, but I did get it closed. So I will replace in the spring. This does strike me as a pretty straight forward DIY.
Lastly, I have not found a sticker, or any info from PC that tells me the CCC on this unit. I think this is one of, or the, heaviest models, so am a little concerned about that number. Is there a number put out by PC?
Thoughts anyone?
I will not doubt have more questions as we go and I thank you all in advance and look forward to your counsel.

Best,
Tom and Linda Gendron
Goffstown, NH

mikeh

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1277 on: October 30, 2020, 08:34:47 pm »
Hi Tom and Linda!  First, a hearty "Welcome!" to the forum.

Sounds like you took a very structured approach to your search for an RV that brought you to Phoenix Cruiser.  You made a great choice!  Regarding your questions---let me recommend the "Search" function of the forum as a helpful resource in addition to posing individual questions---there are years worth of questions and answers already in place, and a little effort at constructing search terms will bring you a wealth of information that will address your issues.  You're right about the weight of the 2910T; as a 2552 owner, I'm not well positioned to address your question from personal knowledge, but that is a good example of something that has been thrashed at length in prior posts.  In addition, you'll get some updated input from other forum members I know.

Again, welcome.             Mike

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
« Reply #1278 on: October 31, 2020, 01:43:15 pm »
Hi Tom and Linda,

Yes....WELCOME!

Model 2010T is the heaviest of PCs.  You own a 2015 model year.  By some standards, you will be needing tires soon.  I advise to wait on buying them until your big first cross-country trip which you say will be in two years.  When it is time, BE SURE TO BUY higher E-rated tires that handle roughly 500 pounds more per tire.  In the mean time, I would air up the tires to 80 PSI which provides their max load ability.  Be sure to use a trusted digital tire gauge.

You have 3 slide-outs so pay close attention to "level".  If you are tipped sideways in one direction, water may enter from the opposing high side slide-out.

As far as DIY talent, you mentioned you have it so I strongly advise "dig in" and do everything you can yourself, not only to save big money, but you will become a guru in your own right.  Fortunately you own a PC so the demand for DIY will be less than other rigs.  You may find yourself doing DIY jobs for enhancements rather than actual repairs which has been my story.  If you are decent with a computer, take pictures and post your projects to share here.  Other PC family members seem to appreciate my shared experiences, done for the greater good of the PC family.  Pictures along with descriptions help make a post more interesting and better understood.

One day I hope to attend one of the PC rallies, but I have been absent in 13 years to-date.  Work, then retired immediately followed by being grand parents, have kept our trips destination focused.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 01:50:18 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jhobbs

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9/2020
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2020 Phoenix Cruiser
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #1279 on: November 01, 2020, 09:33:25 am »
Welcome Tom and Linda!

Unfortunately I cannot answer your questions. 

I also recently purchased my first PC.  I have spent countless hours reading they previous posts in the forum.  I have a long list of things to do, check, and get now.  And I understand alot more about my PC.

Jeff

faiello

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 08/2019
  • IntColor: Graystone/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #1280 on: November 06, 2020, 07:57:16 pm »
Welcome Tom and Linda and congratulations on your purchase of your PC. You should join RVillage and get into the Phoenix Cruiser Travel Club group.. There is a Northeast section and we try to do get togethers in the spring, this year it was canceled because of COVID but hopefully we will be able to do it next year. There are 3 of us from Massachusetts in the group that stay in touch and I'm sure anyone of us would be happy to help you out with any questions you may have.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 07:59:26 pm by faiello »
Frank & Beth

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #1281 on: November 13, 2020, 04:55:21 am »

A couple questions already.....First, the grey tank flush is not functioning. Though I am somewhat handy and not afraid of DIYs, this strikes me a a job that requires a tech. I understand many manufacturers don't have the grey tank flush feature, how important is it to fix?

IMO....  not that critical. I used the black tank flush a couple times on mine, but found it didnt remove much. I would have to fill/flush 4-5 times to get a clean flush.  I use the Camco Swivel Stick down the commode, and I have been VERY satisfied with the results. 2-3 fill/flush to clean water. I use a 3" hose with a clear elbow to gauge when the discharge water is clean. (My macerator is easily removeable)

Second, the black tank gate valve would not close without some minor (kinetic) assistance, but I did get it closed. So I will replace in the spring. This does strike me as a pretty straight forward DIY.

On my 2350, i found it easy to drop the whole system after taking apart both valves.  Sure looked easier than trying to do one and 'stretching' things to work.

Lastly, I have not found a sticker, or any info from PC that tells me the CCC on this unit. I think this is one of, or the, heaviest models, so am a little concerned about that number. Is there a number put out by PC?

Search the forum, there have been a few sticker discussions. Certainly, try the factory. At worst, go weigh the camper, and compare with the GVWR of the vehicle. Also compare front and rear weights individually to their respective GAWR's. You can get a situation where the overall weight is ok, but one axle may still be overloaded. The sticker for that info should be in the driver door.

WELCOME to the forum, hope you have a GREAT time with your PC.  (exactly)  And as always - DO NOT blindly trust anything on the internet. Verify things on your own.

""You want to save money on travel, drive a Prius and stay at motel 6""  Forum Member Joseph

WORD.

rlwoodin

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 07/18
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2005
  • IntColor: Green
« Reply #1282 on: November 24, 2020, 03:55:43 pm »
We purchased our 2005 PC 2100 in 2018, on a whim. Saw it in a parking lot on the way to work one day with a for sale sign. Everything was in working order and the price was right, so here we are! We have used it a lot this year, basically keeping to our own private bubble while exploring the southwest. Love the Phoenix Cruiser!

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
« Reply #1283 on: November 24, 2020, 05:02:23 pm »
Hi rlwoodin,

I have heard from others that you can get two 12V batteries inside your driver-side battery compartment if you remove the tray and install sealed batteries that don't require maintenance.  Just a thought in-case you feel the need for two.

I wonder if two 6V AGM batteries would fit inside.  I also wonder if your on-board converter (without inverter) can handle AGM technology.  Two 6V AGM would be ideal.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 24, 2020, 08:25:34 pm »
Hey, RLWOODIN-----welcome to the forum!

Looks like you've been a PC owner for a couple of years now, so glad you decided to plug in!  Sounds like you guys are getting some time and miles on your unit so that's great!  As you say, it may have been particularly useful this year if you wanted to be out exploring---the alternative to "your own plastic bubble" would otherwise have to have been motels and restaurants--probably not the best choice for extended use during these times.

Glad to have you,       Mike 

rlwoodin

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 07/18
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2005
  • IntColor: Green
« Reply #1285 on: November 24, 2020, 09:48:55 pm »
Thanks Mike. Good to find this forum. We have scoped out most of the issues with our PC and aside from some small issues, it is running great. I will be posting a question in the General Topics forum about the coach, and am looking forward to advice from experienced owners.

Richard

RonJ

• Ron & Pilar
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/2020
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Greystone/Custom
« Reply #1286 on: January 04, 2021, 11:53:15 am »
Hi...  I've been on the forum for a while.  Learning a lot.  A few months ago we finally purchased our dream RV.  It's a 2020 2552.  We bought it used with about 3000 miles on it.  It has the V10.  It also has 2 air conditioners, Liquid Springs, a compressor fridge, 50 Amp service, 4 lithium batteries, Truma Aqua go Plus (hot water), among other extras.

Previous owner says this was the first PC to get the compressor fridge and lithium battery setup.  It's now an option.  The lithium battery setup is the "Battle Born Bundle". It's a $3600 option (after the 20% discount).

We picked it up from the previous owner's place.  It was too far out to get an RV inspector out there.  Everything appeared to work so we drove it home.  It was a two day drive home.  It rode well. We stayed at a Cracker Barrel overnight.  About a week after we got it home, as I'm checking everything out in detail, I find that I can't get hot water.  My guess is I'm doing something wrong.  Also the slide worked perfectly, until it wouldn't come in.  Luckily it was parked at my home so I didn't panic.  I called a mobile RV tech who came out and confirmed that the motors were working.  He was able to disengage stuff and push it in.  It's now being held in place with a couple of 2x4s inside the coach.  We have an appointment to drive up to the factory (another  2 day drive) in April.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, we love our new castle on wheels.  I just wanted to share our experience and say hello.

RonJ

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: January 04, 2021, 12:28:18 pm »
Hi Ron!  Thanks for making the introduction----and you're right, I've seen your comments on the forum numerous times already.

Congratulations on the new rig!  That is a pretty complete setup, with some cutting edge stuff for Phoenix-----I know a lot of forum members (and new readers also) will be interested in any reports you can give on performance of the new features.
I'm sure your trip to Elkhart in April will result in everything working properly, and it will also give you a chance to ask questions and get advice on anything you still need to know about the systems.  We'll wait with anticipation for your comments.

All the best,       Mike

RonJ

• Ron & Pilar
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/2020
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Greystone/Custom
« Reply #1288 on: January 04, 2021, 12:47:13 pm »
Thanks Mike,

Yes...  I have a list of tweaks and questions that's getting longer by the week.  :-D

RonJ

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #1289 on: January 04, 2021, 10:29:27 pm »
Congrats Ron on your new ride!  That is top of the line stuff there.  I donít know anything about the water heater system.  Sorry I canít help there.  My slide is different as well.  Did you try to talk through troubleshooting over the phone with PC?  Perhaps it could save you a trip. 

Love that color too!!  PCers are the sharpest on the road! 

Ron S