• ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1260 on: August 02, 2020, 09:45:27 am »
Hi Dave (Djnusch)

Welcome to the family!

We have a 2007 2350 just like you, bought brand new in June of that year,.  Don't be shy, ask your questions.  There are no embarrassing questions.

Ron Dittmer
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

ginnyp

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: OCT 2020
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2021
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #1261 on: October 01, 2020, 06:11:29 pm »
Hello, I'm Ginny and my husband is Troy - we are in the process of buying a 2552 and this is so overwhelming...  What would you consider a MUST HAVE option?  How do we know if we're getting a good deal?  Is there a percentage off of the MSRP that we should anticipate?  I would hate to overpay and would like a fair deal.  We are looking at a 2021 and ordering it new.  Any advice would be appreciated. 
Ginny P

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #1262 on: October 01, 2020, 08:34:47 pm »
Hi Ginny and Troy. Welcome to the forum!  We took delivery of our new 2552 last October. The year preceeding delivery was both exciting and nerve racking.
We went to both Hershey an Tampa RV shows to look at them and I read and asked questions on this forum for months before we went to Elkhart to place our order.
There is a wealth of info on this forum.
The biggest $$ option decision is whether to go for the Liquid Springs option. It is over 10K and opinions fall on both sides as to its value. I got it and love it!
I did not go for the 2.4K GPS radio upgrade. I felt that I prefer my iPhone maps and you could get a great aftermarket system with Apple Play for much less. I have since upgraded mine for under $800 and that includes speaker upgrades too. The stock speakers are crap.
Also went for the 50amp dual AC upgrade and upgraded my ACs to the Advanced quiet units.
Got a 6" stretch that made both beds the same length and gave a bit more counter and cabinet space in the kitchen.
Here is a somewhat long thread that I started here asking lots of questions and getting lots of great info from the group before placing my order:

https://forum.phoenixusarv.com/index.php?topic=3569.0

Regarding pricing, that has been changing over the last year or so. Used to be you could go to the PC website, use their  online calculator and build your PC.
The calculator gave the MSRP and I'm pretty sure everybody got the same 20% factory direct discount.
Now dealerships are involved and I'm not so sure things are as clean. They have removed the online calculator and some of the invoices I have seen online recently had non hardware related charges on them. I guess the dealer profits have to come from somewhere.

I'd be happy to share my build sheet if knowing what things cost a year ago would help you.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
« Reply #1263 on: October 01, 2020, 08:54:13 pm »
Hi Ginny,

I want to welcome you to this forum.  You are in the right place to ask your Phoenix Cruiser questions.

I'm one of the earliest forum members around and have learned a lot with our PC-2350 that we special ordered new in the spring of 2007.  It is obvious that my purchase experience is obsolete, especially when it comes to expectations in the negotiating process in recent years via 3rd party dealerships.  Concerning standard features and options, what once was optional, much is now standard.

One option is a matter of personal taste.  That is your paint options.  I feel a full body paint job enriches the appearance immensely.  But over the years, it will start to shows it's age from UV damage, unless you store your PC in a garage.  If your plan is to keep it outdoors all it's life, I lean strongly towards having the house painted the same color white as the van portion.  Concerning UV damage, an all white paint job will hold up best, even better than an unpainted PC.  Every painted surface will wash and wax so much easier with better results than an unpainted PC.  Prior to our PC, we owned an unpainted clear gel coat fiberglass rig for 24 years, all but the first 5 were garage years, and still the body required so much effort, just to look mediocre when washed and waxed.

It would be interesting to learn what Phoenix would charge for painting the house portion to match the white van portion, then add their standard graphics package.  The cost for such a simple paint job might be negligible.

An all white PC (with graphics) will also be cooler during the summer, and look like new for much longer than any other consideration.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 08:59:42 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #1264 on: October 01, 2020, 09:09:58 pm »
Welcome Ginny and Troy!

Jim Godfrey beat me to the punch by only a few minutes in pointing you to that thread that he linked in his message above.  That thread is nine pages and almost a year's time of focus on various options and offers a lot of discussion.  I immediately thought of that thread when I saw your message, since I contributed to it pretty heavily when Jim was researching his 2552.  I had taken delivery of my own 2552 a few months before Jim and like everyone spent a lot of time and effort pouring over options and costs to try to get my own build just right.  I'm sure you'll get additional input, but if you will spend some time reviewing that thread and the links in it, you will have a pretty good overview of what others have done in your situation.
As you get further along in the process, be sure to ask questions about specific options--it's a little easier to answer those than to try to address the whole spectrum of "Phoenix Cruiser options" in one reply.

Welcome again to the forum, and All The Best.              Mike

Roy346

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 2014
  • Model: 2400 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #1265 on: October 02, 2020, 12:34:34 am »
Hello everyone!

My name is Roy, I'm new here.
Glad, I've found this community, hope to find a lot of interesting here :)

Feel free to ask me anything, I'm open to help and share.

Stay safe and sound!

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 03, 2020, 05:20:45 pm »
Hi Roy!

Glad to have you, and WELCOME to the forum!  There IS a lot interesting here--if you intend to review all (or most) of it, prepare to spend some time.  There are years worth of posts on every conceivable subject from a lot of knowledgeable folks.  Looks like you have been a PC owner for a few years--certainly glad to have your input going forward on all the topics you can contribute!

All the best,         Mike

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 03, 2020, 07:38:38 pm »
 (w) to Roy from me too.

So you have owned a 2010 Sprinter 2400 since 2014.  Be prepared to answer many questions regarding your Sprinter.  Most PC Sprinters sold in 2010 were built on a 2008 model year chassis.  Kermit, the owner of Phoenix during the Great Recession did ingenious things to keep the factory lights on.  One of them was buying a bunch of 2008 Sprinter chassis at auction from bankrupt RV manufactures, and offered them for the same price as an E350 at the time.  It was quite the deal for Sprinter lovers.  He did something similar with E350s built with the smaller V8 engine, offering a special discount on model 2100 and maybe also model 2350.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:45:41 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

ginnyp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: OCT 2020
  • ModelYear: 2021
  • ExtColor: Desert Sand
« Reply #1268 on: October 04, 2020, 09:10:24 am »
Thank you so much for all the information - it was very helpful and we have placed to order... See you on the road in December or January
Ginny P

jhobbs

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9/2020
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2020 Phoenix Cruiser
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #1269 on: October 08, 2020, 08:01:02 am »
Howdy, Jeff and Pam here.  We just purchased a 2020 2351.  Our previous rv's were class C and then A.  We decided to downsize.  We have 1 trip under out belt and can't wait to get away on the next.  I'm getting tons of ideas from all the posts in the forums.  Thanks for all the info.

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 08, 2020, 08:25:33 am »
Hi Jeff!

Glad to have you and Pam here!  As experienced RVers, hope you guys take the opportunity to chime in from time to time to pass along some of your experience.

All the best,       Mike

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 08, 2020, 09:58:53 am »
Hi Jeff!

Glad to have you and Pam here!  As experienced RVers, hope you guys take the opportunity to chime in from time to time to pass along some of your experience.

All the best,       Mike
X2 from me.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Jo

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/20/2020
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #1272 on: October 21, 2020, 07:56:44 am »
Hi, my husband John and I bought a used Phoenix Cruiser 2910d this spring after seeing them at the Hershey RV show last fall.  We have spent the last 10 years touring on our motorcycle towing a small pop-up so this is quite a change for us.  We bought it mainly because John wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail and this would allow me to follow along to provide support. 
Jo & John Ouellette
2015 - 2910d

mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 21, 2020, 08:12:55 am »
Hi Jo!  Welcome to you and John!!

Wow!  Motorcycle and pop-up to a 2910D---that IS quite a change!  And John doing the AT--he is obviously an ambitious and determined guy.  But sounds like you have a plan, and I say "Go For It".  It will be a great life achievement!

All the best,         Mike

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #1274 on: October 21, 2020, 08:33:11 am »
Wow, the AT hike should be awesome for John. Having you nearby in the rig makes it more so. I suspect you might become a trail angel. I know you will be for John. You may want to buy a pop up shower enclosure so he can hose off outside. We lucked into the ATKO at Amicalola Falls SP some years back. We were in the rig in the campground and all the hikers were down on the lawn near the visitor center. Good seminars and good people.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net