• PurchDate: May 15, 2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sterling
  • ExtColor: Sterling
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2012, 10:38:24 pm »
Dale, you should have the headlights adjusted before doing the air bag thing.  When they add the motor home to the chasis and you fill the tanks (plus stored items), the back dips and the headlights go up.  I adjusted the lights on my current 2350 and previous 2700 following the instructions in the ford manual.  It's easy and doesn't cost anything but your time.

DaleL

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 1/24/12
  • IntColor: cherry/gray leather
  • ExtColor: lower/dusk
« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2012, 09:03:46 am »
Dale, you should have the headlights adjusted before doing the air bag thing.  When they add the motor home to the chasis and you fill the tanks (plus stored items), the back dips and the headlights go up.  I adjusted the lights on my current 2350 and previous 2700 following the instructions in the ford manual.  It's easy and doesn't cost anything but your time.

It was more than just the headlights, the handling seemed affected as well. The bags made a world of difference in the ride and handling. It's all a mute point now, our new 2012 2552 is sitting in our driveway!
Dale

DaleL

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 1/24/12
  • IntColor: cherry/gray leather
  • ExtColor: lower/dusk
« Reply #197 on: January 20, 2012, 11:18:43 am »

oh i forgot to mention, we often would pull our 15ft boston whaler which put more hitch weight on the back. All i can say is, whoever buys our 2350 will love the way it rides and handles now, we just needed more room.
Dale

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #198 on: January 20, 2012, 12:16:07 pm »
...my current 2350 and previous 2700...
lmichael,
You are the only person I know who previously owned a larger PC, then down-sized into a 2350.  I am curious, what your reasoning was and how satisfied you are with your decision.

I assume the masses who went the other way...from a 2350 to a 2551 or 2552, was mainly due to the limited access of the 2350 rear corner double bed, and for better bathroom conveniences.  Am I right all you converts?  Or was there primarily another reason why you were so inspired to do so?

Not so long ago when I was more aggresive in promoting the Phoenix Cruiser, I shared how much we love our 2350.  I wondered how many people bought one like ours partially because of my comments.  Then when I noticed on this forum, how the 2350 masses were moving into something just a little bigger, I stopped promoting for fear of steering people into something they would be disappointed with.

For my wife and I, sleeping across an isle from eachother would be absolutely unacceptable.  We'd much rather wrestle a bit into bed than give up snuggling and the other.....  But apparently most of you have other higher priorities like easy bed entry/exit, and making up the beds in the morning. Oh, and the nicer bathroom too.

I always thought PC-USA should offer a short-as-possible 26-27 footer, rear walk-around double bed like once was very popular before the days of slideouts.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:32:06 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

lmichael

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: May 15, 2012
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #199 on: January 21, 2012, 07:44:52 pm »
Ron, guess we're a little weird going from the 2700 to the 2350.  We also did it knowing that we will shortly go full-time (Stuart thought that was strange, too).  We considered the 2551, but didn't want the two beds.  The 2700 had a lot of good features, especially the walk around bed that pushed out.  It didn't have a living area slide which we wanted, and we also wanted something smaller that was easy to drive in cities and out of the way places--not that the 2700 was that much bigger, but we've found the 2350 visibility and manuvarability better--for us.  The rear bed is a little inconvenient, but my wife is 5' and I'm 5'6" so we fit nicely in the 2350.  Larger people would probably not like it, but it works for us.  We've taken several long trips (even hosted at a COE site for awhile) and have been extremely satisfied with the 2350.  My only negative is Ford's fault--the gear indicator light on the dash is orange which still catches my eye and makes me think there's a problem.

begentle

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: Jan 2012
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Sterling & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sterling Full
« Reply #200 on: January 24, 2012, 04:43:07 pm »
Deena & Avery here -- just got home from picking up our new-to-us 2010 2551 -- a beautiful pristine rig with 6500 miles.  No -- make that 8800 miles after our Pennsylvania to New Mexico maiden cruise, dodging snowstorms, tornadoes, rain, fog and a dust storm to get her home safe and sound! Suffice to say January is not the best month to do a cross country trek. >:(

But after putting on heavy duty sway bars and new shocks, she drove like a dream, and we comfortably made the trip in 4 days of long driving.  So nice to climb into our cozy beds at the end of a long day.  What a way to get to know a new coach!

We are downsizing from a 37 ft. Alfa Class A that we full-timed in the past two years.  Happy to now have something smaller for impromptu trips and easy maneuvering in and out of our favorite out the way places.  We plan to transfer some solar from our old coach, and if we can figure it out, add two more batteries for a total of 4 - 6v.

Have had a great time reading past posts and appreciate the sharing of information here. 

Hope to see you down the road!
Deena & Avery

The Gentles

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2012
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: cherry
  • ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
« Reply #201 on: January 24, 2012, 05:37:39 pm »
Welcome Deena and Avery,
You will love your PC. We have a 2011 2551 and love it.
We plan to head your way in Sept. We will have to pick your brains about where to stay. Our plan is to leave Florida, end of Aug or beginning of Sept., on our way to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon. After that to visit our daughter in Scottsdale and then back home. We are looking forward to the trip. We have never been west in the RV. Always Northeast and Canadian Maritimes.
Again, Welcome!!!!!!!

Judi and George
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL

billy

• Best Friends
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
  • Model: 3100
« Reply #202 on: January 24, 2012, 06:54:04 pm »
 (w) (w) know you will love the cruiser. We have a 2011, 3100. Sharon drives this with no problems.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #203 on: January 24, 2012, 07:46:03 pm »
Welcome newbees Deena & Avery!  We are happy you've joined our family & forum.  (balloons)
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Irv

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2011
  • IntColor: brown and blue, light wood
  • ExtColor: brown and white
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2012, 09:47:28 pm »
Susan and Irv are the new-to-us owners of a 2007, PC2350.  When we picked it up in Redmond, OR, it had less than 9000 miles on the chassis, and 6.9 hours on the generator.  Needless to say, we were excited.  We couldn't find a scratch on it...in or out.  That would be a thankyou to the previous owners.  Irv just changed the oil for the second time at 15000 miles, so we have been doing a bit of traveling.

We have had all sorts of RV's.  When we bought the PC, we were the proud owners of an Arctic Fox 5th wheel, and a Ford diesel truck.  We traded the 5th wheel in on the PC and traded for a new F-150 ecoboost.  Ah, yessss!  The art of downsizing is alive and well.  We did keep our other RV, which is an R-Pod, and the F-150 tows it to all kinds of places.  By-the-way, the ecoboost F-150 when towing the R-Pod gets about the same milage as the F-350 PC.  Now, that's interesting, 'cause that big V-10 in the PC gets about 10mpg.

We reside in Eastern Oregon where the coyotes howl, the grass is green (4 months out of the year), the snow can be up to the bottom end of an elephant, but this year is beautiful.  People come here to fish in the lakes and the Snake River, and hunt where ever they have a proper tag.  We love to travel.

flb

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: 2100
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2012, 12:02:54 pm »
This is the first time of using the PC Forum--so please excuse the errors I will probably make.  We are looking at ordering a PC 2350-Slide Out-with a diesel. I certainly would like to hear from owners who have experience driving and traveling in the 2350/diesel model.  We currently have plans of traveling 2 months to Alaska this summer.  I am also a avid fisherman--like taking my camper on fishing trips.  We live in Colorado--currently own a Dodge Ram with a large Lance Camper with slide out and can take it almost anywhere.  One concern I have is being able to get to lakes that are off the beaten path and would the PC 2350 handle this type of usage.  Thank you for any information that you may forward to me.

Mountainman Fran

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2012
  • Model: 2910
  • IntColor: cherry
  • ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2012, 04:17:30 pm »
Fran,
Welcome to the Forum.

Our 1st PC was the 2350 diesel. It did not have a slide. We loved the ride and the room in the cockpit. The reason that we traded for the 2551 was the twin beds and the ease of viewing the tv--actually, we could have addressed the tv issue but could not retrofit for twin beds. So now we have the 2551 which has the amenities that we wanted. The Sprinter has a much better ride than the Ford.

Judi
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL

lghjr

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
  • Model: 2700
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2012, 09:16:44 pm »
This is the first time of using the PC Forum--so please excuse the errors I will probably make.  We are looking at ordering a PC 2350-Slide Out-with a diesel. I certainly would like to hear from owners who have experience driving and traveling in the 2350/diesel model.  We currently have plans of traveling 2 months to Alaska this summer.  I am also a avid fisherman--like taking my camper on fishing trips.  We live in Colorado--currently own a Dodge Ram with a large Lance Camper with slide out and can take it almost anywhere.  One concern I have is being able to get to lakes that are off the beaten path and would the PC 2350 handle this type of usage.  Thank you for any information that you may forward to me.

Mountainman Fran

If you are talking high country lakes with headwater streams off paved roads, my bet is that you would be disappointed in any MH but a 4wd conversion.  There is no way I would try to take my 2700 to say any of the Creede, Southfork, Lake City, Collegiate Peaks, etc., lakes or headwaters.  If you are familiar with them then you have a feeling for what I would not do.

Paul/Marilyn

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 07/12
  • ExtColor: Standard
« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2012, 05:50:11 pm »
Hello, Phoenix Forum members. We're Paul and Marilyn from Texas. We discovered the PC's from an ad in Highways magazine, went to the website and immediately fell in love with the Cruisers. We've been RV'rs since at least the 70's, maybe earlier. Have had three slide-in truck campers and one small class C. Right now we have a 2000 Lance 1130 camper on a 2000 3500 Dodge Ram truck, about 25' overall. We still love it but we've been looking for something shorter and the with the integrated features of the B's. We're very interested in the 2100 with slide-out. We want to thank all of you for all your input on the forum. We've read just about every message you've exchanged trying to learn all we can about the Cruisers.
   We are planning a trip to Elkhart in the spring (when the snow melts up there) to see the Cruisers first hand and to meet the people there. We're really looking forward to the trip. Thanks again for all your good information. heartshower

Paul/Marilyn

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 07/12
  • ExtColor: Standard
« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2012, 11:20:42 am »
Hi, Fran. This is a test to see if I can post a message. We're newbies and I'm having trouble figuring out how to send messages. I've tried two other ways. Maybe this is it!
Marilyn