• PurchDate: 12-2011
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: brown
  • ExtColor: Cafe
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #180 on: December 20, 2011, 09:18:01 pm »
My name is Vern and my wife's name is Kay.  We picked up our new Phoenix 2552 on December First at the factory,  Yes, it had snowed and was very pretty, but we headed home to Florida as fast as we could.   We have been camping, in one form or the other, for 45 years or as long as we have been married. We are very happy with our new Phoenix and hope to meet some of you at the Tampa Supershow.   

billy

• Best Friends
    • View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
  • Model: 3100
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2011, 12:50:23 am »
Welcome, real great people here. Sorry to say we might not meet, we are on the west coast. If u ever come to one of the most screwed up state, looks us up. Billy, coarsegold, ca. Ps know ur gonna love the cruiser.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

gradygal

• our 3rd PC--Custom 2910
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: March 2012
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: cherry
  • ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
« Reply #182 on: December 21, 2011, 07:11:23 am »
Welcome to the Forum. As Billy said you will "meet" some nice folks here and get many questions answered. Don't hesitate to ask.

We live in Florida and plan to go to the Tampa Show on Wed. Jan 11. On Jan 3rd and 4th we will be at the Franklin Locks Corps of Engineers campground outside of Ft.Myers. If you are in the area, stop by. We will be in Site 25.

You will really enjoy your PC.

Judi and George
Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #183 on: December 21, 2011, 07:34:47 am »
Hi Vern,

Welcome to the family of of PCs.  I am sure you will have some questions along the way.  Feel free to ask this forum.  There are no dumb questions.  We try to help eachother here as best we can.  Sometimes a new owner will think something is broken when it is actually opperator error.  Other times we'll offer a quick easy solution to a actual problem.  Sometimes it is so much easier to address a simple problem yourself, than to take the unit in for a warranty claim.  Fortunately such issues are uncommon anyway with these motor homes.

Congratulations on your new 2552.  It has become the hottest PC model.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

pyrthkr

« Reply #184 on: December 21, 2011, 09:13:10 am »
Congratulations Vern & Katy!  We're trading in our 2551 for a 2552 & sd/be picking her up in early Jan.  As everyone already indicates, this forum is a gem.
 :cool

Barry-Sue

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/17/11
  • Model: 2551
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
« Reply #185 on: December 21, 2011, 09:14:17 am »
Vern and Kay

Welcome to the Forum, it is a great source of information.  I'm sure you will enjoy your new PC.

We will also be at the W. P. Franklin Corps of Engineers campground at the same time in site 11.

Barry and Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide

TomHanlon

« Reply #186 on: December 21, 2011, 10:22:34 am »
Welcome Vern and Kay,

Glad to have you with our merry little band of PC owners. Our current and second PC is the same as you have, the 2552. I guess you have already found out how well balanced this motorhome is and how well it handles and rides. We all seem to make some changes or additions to make it ours. Be sure to post your modifications for all to see.

I wish we could winter in sunny Florida but my DW still is working for a living.  ;)

DaleL

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 1/24/12
  • IntColor: cherry/gray leather
  • ExtColor: lower/dusk
« Reply #187 on: January 16, 2012, 03:21:25 pm »
Hello everyone,

We are Dale and Claire, we bought a 2011 2350 PC and have enjoyed it very much. In fact, we have some our pictured posted on the main site, we are the one camping among the rocks and boulders at Joshua tree National Park. Living in California, we bought the coach through looking at the pictures on the PC web site. We had a Pleasure Way motorhome which proved to be too small and the 2350 looked like the perfect fit, I loved the fact we could park it almost anywhere. One day we were looking at the PC web site and saw the new 2552, oh my!! Fixed beds, a pantry for Claire, just a little more stretch out room, we were in love! Then we noticed one in the new dusk lower paint and I had to call Stuart, today our new 2552 is on it's way to California!!! We can hardly wait. We are both retired and plan to take lots of trips this year to make as many memories as possible. We, that's us, we are happy to join you and be a part of the PC forum family.

Dale and Claire

GebhartM

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: May 2010
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Beige
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2012, 03:31:38 pm »
Welcome to Phoenix USA RV's Discussion Board. We think you'll find this is a nice place to hang out. Why don't you start off with a little introduction and tell us a bit about yourself?

I have been an RVer for many years---have moved from tent trailers to tongue pull to Trek to my current Phoenix Cruiser 2350  2007.  I am to the point in life where I want to spend alot less time working and more traveling in the Phoenix!  I have been in the field of education for 36 years as a teacher, coach, administrator and now as an educational consultant.  I live in the Land of Enchantment, which is a great state with varied cultures and natural beauty.  I can travel two hours and go from my home at 8,000 feet in the mountains and snow to the desert and play golf!

gradygal

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2012, 03:43:48 pm »
Hello everyone,

We are Dale and Claire, we bought a 2011 2350 PC and have enjoyed it very much. In fact, we have some our pictured posted on the main site, we are the one camping among the rocks and boulders at Joshua tree National Park. Living in California, we bought the coach through looking at the pictures on the PC web site. We had a Pleasure Way motorhome which proved to be too small and the 2350 looked like the perfect fit, I loved the fact we could park it almost anywhere. One day we were looking at the PC web site and saw the new 2552, oh my!! Fixed beds, a pantry for Claire, just a little more stretch out room, we were in love! Then we noticed one in the new dusk lower paint and I had to call Stuart, today our new 2552 is on it's way to California!!! We can hardly wait. We are both retired and plan to take lots of trips this year to make as many memories as possible. We, that's us, we are happy to join you and be a part of the PC forum family.

Dale and Claire
Welcome to the Forum!!!
We did exactly what you are doing--from the a 2010 2350 to a 2011 2551 (it would have been a 2552 but that model was not available when we placed our order). It has been a year now and we really like the twin beds and the additional space in the 2551. Check out all the photos on the Forum. So many have made modifications that you might like.
Very exciting.
Best wishes with the 2552.

Judi and George
Punta Gorda FL

TomHanlon

« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2012, 05:02:21 pm »
Welcome Dale and Claire,

We did the very same thing with the PC's that you are doing. Wait until you get the new 2552 and take it for a drive. The ride and handling is a whole lot better than the 2350. Also we can not find enought things to fill all the cabinets. Enjoy the new PC.

ge_montana

• I love Photography, sailing and fishing
    • View Profile
    • East of Yellowstone
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2012
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: green
  • ExtColor: green half
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2012, 05:11:52 pm »
Greg & Kathy Matthews from St. Petersburg, FL and Red Lodge MT.

We are moving from 28 years of sailing a 1980 Tartan 33 to a 26.5' Motor Home. It is a lot easier to drop anchor with a motor home than with a sloop.

We are busy planning our first summer with a trip to the Canadian Maritimes.

After much research and a lot of reading many posts on many RV forums we decided on a 2010 2551 that we purchased two weeks ago. We spent the weekend at the Tampa Show and nothing else that we wish we had purchased.

Greg Matthews
ourphototalk.com
Greg Matthews
Photographer
EastOfYellowstone.com

gradygal

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2012, 05:58:33 pm »
Greg and Kathy,
Again, we did "almost" the same thing! We had sailed for years and finally moved from Plymouth MA to Punta Gorda FL to enjoy our passion all year. After  12 years and numerous vessels in Florida, we bought our 1st RV--an Airstream Interstate (a B on the Sprinter chassis). After a year and a trip to Nova Scotia, PEI etc. found it too small.
Bought a Phoenix Cruiser (2010 2350 on the Sprinter). Again, things we didn't like--especially the corner bed == so last year the 2011 2511. We are good!!! Three years later and 3 trips to the Canadian Maritimes, we are still happy with our choice of Phoenix.
We were at the Tampa Show last week and looked at all the alternatives. Phoenix Cruisers, in our biased opinion, are still the best value for the $$$/ Best designed and best customer support.
Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your PC.

Judi and George
Punta Gorda FL

DaleL

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2012, 06:23:59 pm »

Welcome Dale and Claire,

We did the very same thing with the PC's that you are doing. Wait until you get the new 2552 and take it for a drive. The ride and handling is a whole lot better than the 2350. Also we can not find enought things to fill all the cabinets. Enjoy the new PC.

Thank you. We have been following some of your post and that helped us decide on the 2552, you seemed so happy with your choice. I am happy to hear it rides better than the 2350, I was forced to have installed heavy duty air bags in order to lift the back end, people were flashing their lights at us at night, our coach dipped down somewhat in the rear, besides the air bags did wonders for the ride and handling. I was hoping we would not have to go to such an expense with the 2552.

Dale

DaleL

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2012, 07:03:12 pm »
Thank you Judi, George and Tom for the welcome. It's nice to know we aren't only ones who made this decision from the 2350 to the 2500 series. We are going to Parker, AZ as soon as the coach gets here. We have a great camp site right on the Colorado river. The temperature is suppose to be in the 70's. Nice.