• ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Grey
  • ExtColor: Grey/black
Entrance door locks
« on: July 30, 2021, 09:55:00 pm »
LIFETIME WARRANTY!!  pyho
In case this happens to you !
This is the second lock set , the first one came from the factory Phoenix Cruiser, Elkhart Indiana.  Tri Mark  dead bolt duel lock and duel keys. This set up is probably on 90 % of all Rv motor homes and if not all Phoenix Cruisers  (check the write ups on YouTube). Well the original Tri Mark entrance door lock on my  PC  locked me in ,had to disassemble the lock to get outside , yes you can climb over the cab seats to get out , to say the least not a good situation  when traveling and camping. Found out there was a flaw in the locking mechanisms  part was made of pot metal that didn't hold up well,Tri Mark new about it so no questions asked sent out a new updated one ,made of steel  ( a magnet verified it was steel ) . ALL WELL AND GOOD! for less than a year latter  on a camping trip got locked out again had to disassemble the lock to get outside, this time noticed  broken pieces of black plastic In the mechanisms,  steel bolt will not slide to open, Now let me say  minimal use no slamming shut, opening and closing normally , this happened.  Called Tri Mark  customer service No questions asked overnighted a 2nd lock set complete with keys , installed this one  because it's easy to install the  same lock because of hole size, paint pattern etc. And no cost to me.
LIFETIME WARRANTY,  excellent customer service,  great looking,  sleek ,heavy duty, entrance door lock ,with  piss poor engineering in the mechanisms.
Three strikes your out!!! Hoping for the best....

KEB

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: March 2021
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2019 2910T
  • IntColor: Nightscape - Hickory
  • ExtColor: Nightscape-black/grey
Re: Entrance door locks
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 02:15:14 am »
Check this site out.
https://www.latchfix.com

They claim to have eliminated the problem with the pot metal latch and the plastic pieces.

SILVERLINER

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 5/19
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Grey
  • ExtColor: Grey/black
Re: Entrance door locks
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 10:01:31 am »
Yes there is a kit to repair (after market  from e bay)  49.$  But " LIFETIME " Warranty, Free including shipping from Tri Mark ,supposedly the new replacement lock set. Why bother repairing.  Put the 49$ in your tank.