• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
Tiffin
« on: December 21, 2020, 08:39:56 pm »
Thor has bought Tiffin Motorhome Company, I tried to post the thread but it wouldn't take.

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: Tiffin
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 11:02:41 am »
Before our trip to Elkhart to checkout PCUSA, we took a trip to Red Bay AL to check out Tiffin.  The Breeze was still too large for our downsizing goal.  The Wayfarer was much too small and, IMO, the floor plans were awful and the interior seemed cheaply made.

I also did a thorough investigation for the Thor Outlaw, a toy hauler Class A.  The blogs and other social media indicated that Thor was "junk"  Lots of problems and many issues.

The articles Ive read about the purchase indicate that the Tiffin family will continue to run the business and no changes are expected "in the near future".  I suppose 300 million bucks does a lot of talking.  I would think this will set the family members for life, in addition to drawing a good salary. 

I expect that quality will eventual go "down hill".

Cheers :)(:
Barry T

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 11:47:05 am »
The Breeze was still too large for our downsizing goal.
I always wondered about the discontinued Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR with an over-all length of only 29.5 feet.  There were 2 or 3 different diesel engines installed during it's short lifespan of 5 years 2011-2015.  I assume the better engine came later.

Here are the specs for the last year it was made.
https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2015-tiffin-allegro-breeze-class-a-floorplan-28-br-tr21951

If we ever wanted to up-size (which would never happen) I would look at a 2015 28BR first....if only it did not have a slide out.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 11:53:28 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 08:03:43 pm »
The Breeze was still too large for our downsizing goal.
I always wondered about the discontinued Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR with an over-all length of only 29.5 feet.  There were 2 or 3 different diesel engines installed during it's short lifespan of 5 years 2011-2015.  I assume the better engine came later.

Here are the specs for the last year it was made.
https://www.rvusa.com/rv-guide/2015-tiffin-allegro-breeze-class-a-floorplan-28-br-tr21951

If we ever wanted to up-size (which would never happen) I would look at a 2015 28BR first....if only it did not have a slide out.

Ron, when we toured the Tiffin facility, you could still freely walk around the grounds and enter any motorhome on the lot that was unlocked.  The Breeze was absolutely beautiful.  The earlier Breeze had engine issues that I cant recall.  They switched manufacturers (cat to cummins or vice versa? International Harvestor?).

Your comment caused me to go to the Tiffin website and they list a 2021 Breeze.  I didnt bother to look at further details.

I agree with you in that I have no serious desire to up-size, especially after down-sizing.

https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/class-a/allegro-breeze

Cheers :)(:
Barry T

« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 08:32:38 pm by bftownes »

Joseph

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 11:00:45 am »
Ron, I really liked the layout of the breeze and itís size.  That aside any diesel newer than 07 with def emissions I wonít go near.  There are pages on end of the issues of all Diesel engine manufacturers with never ending emissions problems costing thousands in repairs and down time. The emissions issue alone was enough to make Cat leave the over the road market. 

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Hickory/ Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 01:26:26 pm »

Jim Cramer had Bob Martin from Thor  as a guest on Mad Money. Bob said  Tiffin's management called him about acquiring the company, and that buying the factory in Alabama was a good move because of the tight labor market in Indiana. He also spoke about the shortage of air conditioners  and awnings that's been a big  problem for the rv  industry this year.
Goin' where the wind goes...