Hello Guest!

Introduce Yourself!

• 1326 Replies

Gail Staton

Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #885 on: October 02, 2016, 02:57:12 pm »
John and Carrie,

When it came time to replace our LTV they did not have a size short enough for us.   The PC 2100 was what we needed for our travel style.   I'm sure PC can modify one of their models to meet your needs. 

Whenever you have questions just post them here and one of the knowledgeable members will surely help. 

Gail

4X4Diversion

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: November 1, 2016
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #886 on: October 03, 2016, 09:07:54 pm »
Hello from the mountains of western Wyoming!
We are expecting to pickup our new 2351 in Elkhart in early November.
Because we expect to use the 2351 on snowy roads to occasionally escape the winter here in the mountains, we went with the 4X4 option. It may also come in handy for navigating forest service roads on fishing trips in summer months.
In our 2351 we chose the reclining sofa instead of the dinette with a side-out pantry next to the refrigerator. On the other side we made the corner bed 80" and made the kitchen counter top 6" bigger with 6 drawers underneath.
One unusual change we made was to go with a compressor fridge vs the absorption. To help with the extra electrical demand we are going with two 105AH AGM batteries. We had a similar setup in our popup camper that we just sold. Our camping spots are often far from level so we did not want the absorption fridge -- we will see how this works out on the PC.

Many thanks to all the forum members -- you have helped us decide on buying a PC and helped us decide which model was for us,
Stan and Pattee

Gail Staton

« Reply #887 on: October 04, 2016, 06:11:15 am »
welcome Stan and Pattee,

I'm sure you are counting down the days until you pick up your 2351.   We all have different needs in a motor home and have different travel styles.   Glad PC was able to accommodate you.   We are in what I call our "Tiny House" the 2100 which is perfect for our needs at this stage of life.

We traveled in your state and loved our time there.

Gail

rdalton

• View Profile
  • Model: 2100
« Reply #888 on: October 04, 2016, 07:22:09 am »
Welcome to Phoenix USA RV's Discussion Board. We think you'll find this is a nice place to hang out. Why don't you start off with a little introduction and tell us a bit about yourself?

Hello fellow PC owners!

In May we purchased a 2008 2900 with 27k miles from the Virginia area, which is our fist motorhome, upgrading from a teardrop trailer  :-D I believe I have been a member/lurker to the forum for a few months now, consuming as much of your information as possible.

About a year ago, when we started researching MH's, we were quite overwhelmed the various makes/models, and quite frankly, the garbage.  I found myself gravitating towards older Coach House, Chinooks, etc, where quality seemed to be a priority, but was disappointed that they collapsed in 2008 and were no longer supported.  We came very close to purchasing a Nexus (which seemed to have some quality, but was new to the market), but after some further research I stumbled upon a discussion on rv.net where a "Ron Dittmer" spoke highly of a "Phoenix Cruiser".  I found myself VERY excited about this Phoenix Cruiser he spoke of!!  We waited, and we watched the market, and today, we are extremely excited and satisfied Phoenix Cruiser owners. 

I am fairly handy, and am still very ecstatic that the more I work on this RV, the more satisfied I am with the quality build of the PC.  While shopping, there was a month or two where I became so frustrated with how poorly other coach's were built - so much that I was unsure I wanted to invest in one (this was prior to seeing a PC). 

I have emailed Ron on various occasions for some guidance, and welcomed his replies.  Thanks to all of you for the investment of knowledge here on this forum - I find myself fortunate to be a member, fellow owner, and contributor.

Rob Dalton

Gail Staton

« Reply #889 on: October 04, 2016, 07:32:42 am »
Welcome Rob,

So glad you found PC and are so happy with your purchase.   Ron is one of our great ambassadors  along with other owners here.  I wish you safe travels and many happy  miles ahead.

Gail

JOHN

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: pickup 10/2016
  • ModelYear: 2016 - 2351 Ford
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Standard Paint
« Reply #890 on: October 05, 2016, 08:12:58 pm »
I am at Phoenix Cruiser's parking lot with my new 2351.

Enjoyed my walk through with Earl, though he did comment that is lookew d like a deer in the headlights of a 2351.

My 2351 is without a slide and with a dinette.  I am pleased with how the dinette turned out.  Both benches (because of the extra room in 2351 without a slide) are 2 1/2" wider with the same somewhat standard width of the dinette table top.  Earl explained that the crew lengthens the table top and benches (the length from the window towards the open room) when without a slide.  Now this decreases the room in the cabin, but makes a very nice size dinette and the bed with the extra 5" in the width of the two benches is not 70".  Not bad.

The problem is the 3rd seat captain's chair.  They put it too close to the wall rather than behind the passenger's seat such that it is limited in swiveling and unable to recline.  Will talk with Kermit tomorrow to see if it can be moved or possibly removed.  I will update on that.

I will try to post some pictures of the interior and exterior (white without any decals).

My 30+ days meandering back to Texas with be a mixture of w/hook ups and w/out in OH, KY, TN, AR and TX, so should have a chance to break me in (newbie to RV travel) and my 2351.

John

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
« Reply #891 on: October 05, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »
I've been an online lurker and admirer of PCs for some time . We began tent camping then moved up tp a 1971 Avion 28' trailer. We loved that old silver twinkie but sold it and haven't camped for about 3 years now. We miss it. Today we purchased Ron Good's (ragoodsp) used 2012 model 3100. I say used because it is a 2012, but there's hardly a mark on it. Ron really took care of that baby! We're looking forward to meeting many of you and sharing experiences. This forum helped us make our decision and hopefully we can pay it forward.
Daryl and Janet Pollard
Lafayette, IN

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #892 on: October 07, 2016, 09:20:21 pm »
I am at Phoenix Cruiser's parking lot with my new 2351.

Enjoyed my walk through with Earl, though he did comment that is lookew d like a deer in the headlights of a 2351.

My 2351 is without a slide and with a dinette.  I am pleased with how the dinette turned out.  Both benches (because of the extra room in 2351 without a slide) are 2 1/2" wider with the same somewhat standard width of the dinette table top.  Earl explained that the crew lengthens the table top and benches (the length from the window towards the open room) when without a slide.  Now this decreases the room in the cabin, but makes a very nice size dinette and the bed with the extra 5" in the width of the two benches is not 70".  Not bad.

The problem is the 3rd seat captain's chair.  They put it too close to the wall rather than behind the passenger's seat such that it is limited in swiveling and unable to recline.  Will talk with Kermit tomorrow to see if it can be moved or possibly removed.

John

John,

Your dinette sounds awesome.

Regarding your 3rd captain chair.  You need to first adjust it away from the wall before swiveling it.  When reclined while swiveling, it will hit the door jamb. Just raise the backrest, swivel, and recline again.  Play with that one.  Hopefully you'll figure it out.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:23:33 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

lch269

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #893 on: October 20, 2016, 09:06:17 pm »
Good evening from Central Mississippi. After several years of going to shows and stalking yall on this forum, we toured the factory and ordered our 2552 yesterday! While the stalking sounds spooky..what we learned by doing so was a big help during the process with Earl and Kyle. Exciting time in our life. We look forward to continuing to follow the forum and take delivery on our PC. Everyone have a great evening.

Lee and Luanne Horton
Canton MS.

Pax

« Reply #894 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:43 am »
Welcome Lee and Luanne!  I remember my PC stalking days....exciting times.  We love our 2552 and are sure you'll love yours as well!  The hard part is just beginning for you....the excruciating wait until your rig is delivered!  

- Mike
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 06:12:32 am by Pax »

BlueBlaze

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 06/2016
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • IntColor: birch
  • ExtColor: white
« Reply #895 on: October 25, 2016, 07:53:47 pm »
Hi from Texas!

We bought Sparky's PC last May and have enjoyed reading all the hints and implementing a few.  We're totally green at this whole RV thing, so we'll probably just be lurking, but we might chime in from time to time.

Jon and Betty Baker
2008 PC 2350, E350, dinette, no slide

Sandyc

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/16
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Light Brown
  • ExtColor: Two tone brown
« Reply #896 on: October 25, 2016, 08:32:35 pm »
Hi, My name is Sandy. I'm new to this forum. I just purchased a used 2013 Phoenix Cruiser 3100. This is our first Motor Home. Been RVing since 1990 with a 5th wheel. Having a motor under you vrs pulling a trailer is a totally new experience. I will probably have many questions about this rig in the future. I'm very mechanically inclined and well educated, so I should be able to understand most answers given me, although I am getting up in years, be patient, I'm old.

My first ? : Having a problem with the leveling system. The book says I have a HWH Hydraulic leveler. Where on this unit is the pump and reservoir? Perhaps it needs servicing, but can't locate it.

Thanks,
Sandy

Pax

« Reply #897 on: October 26, 2016, 06:11:49 am »
Welcome, Jon and Betty!  Welcome, Sandy!  Won't be long before you're PC-Pro's!

Sandy, what kind of problem are you having with the levelers?  The control panel (not what you asked, I know) is just below the dashboard on the left of the drivers side seat.  The emergency brake must be engaged and the ignition on before the levelers will work.

- Mike

TomHanlon

« Reply #898 on: October 26, 2016, 07:42:45 am »
Welcome to both our new Texans.

Sandy the pump is mounted to the fame underneath on the drivers side. It is a real pain to get to it in order to check the fluid level. You will need a mirror as the hole is on top of the box. You will see led lights on the front of the box. What is your problem? Have you cleaned and sprayed the jacks and springs?

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #899 on: October 26, 2016, 09:29:20 am »
Welcome aboard Lee & Luanne, Jon & Betty, and Sandy.

There is no such thing as a silly question.  Be sure to ask here before wasting a lot of time.  Please also share the things you have done with your PCs to make them work better for yourselves.  We all love to see what others are doing, and implement the ones we like for ourselves.

Congratulations on your purchases!  For you waiting for the birthday............hang in there.  If you learn of something you wished you could change or add, quickly call Earl to see if it can still get implemented.  You can make changes depending on where your rig is in the production process.  The factory is very good dealing with on-the-fly changes.

It is always good to read of new forum members.  The forum family here continues to grow  :)

Ron Dittmer
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer