• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
Small Black Tank
« on: February 06, 2019, 10:46:56 pm »
My 2400 has the black tank rated at 23 gallons, it's actual capacity is 17 gallons. We can go for 5 days without dumping then it is FULL. We've been on the road since Nov. 21 and having to plan around dumping the black tank is a hassle. If I had the macerator removed it looks like a larger black tank could be installed. I have no real need for the macerator, it's not even functional at the moment. I would have PC do the work. Is this mod possible? Since the original tank is 6 gallon smaller than advertised, I'd ask for the tank and labor be done under warranty. Does this sound doable.

Lynn

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Small Black Tank
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 10:53:49 pm »
Your black tank is the smaller of the two.  Our tanks are reversed, the gray tank being the smaller of the two.  I wished we had it your way because we make a lot more grey water than black.  I have to blend the tanks at least once in between dumps, hence the desire to have redundant tank valve switches inside the bathroom.  One day I will get around to it.  I have the parts waiting until it's nice outside because I'll have to be crawling around under the macerator which is hard to do in that corner of our garage.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

rvrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 11:08:29 pm »
Ron, that sounds like an inconvenience for you. A friend of mine bought a BT Cruiser at the same time I bought my PC. It has the same basic floor plan. The black and gray tanks are rated 38 gal each. Even if they're a little smaller than advertised, they would still be a lot larger than PC's tanks. He paid 36,000 dollars less than what I paid for my PC. I think I made an expensive mistake.

Lynn

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Hickory/ Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:54:21 am »
Goin' where the wind goes...

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 10:05:53 am »
Ron, that sounds like an inconvenience for you.   Lynn
Yes it has always been an inconvenience, but won't be after adding the redundant switches in our bathroom.

For us PC owners with smaller gray tanks, not only to relieve it, it's good practice to flood the black tank with gray water because it flushes more thoroughly with all the extra soapy water.  So there is something good that comes from the inconvenience.

Lynn, Given the tone on many of your posts and comments, you sound like you have buyer's remorse.  That is unfortunate....I feel for you.  I hope as time passes, you will have a change of heart.  It's not a good feeling to spend so much to be disappointed.

Irene and I had buyer's remorse a few months after buying our PC in June 2007, but for totally different reasons.  Our first son finished college in May of 2007 and our second son started in August that same year, at the same college, in the same program and same dorm.  To our shock in August when paying the bill up front for the semester, the cost for son #2 was twice that of son #1.  Their reason?....new child, new rates.  We freaked out.  Needless to say those years getting son #2 through while we had so much money tied up in a new motor home was a very bad combination.  It was extremely stressful on us.  But through it all, God provided and all worked out well.  We laughed during the years that followed when the college solicited us for donations.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 10:07:59 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

rvrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 07:01:52 pm »
I do think that forum members should be mostly positive towards PC. They are neat motorhomes. I could be more positive if things stopped going wrong. 2 wks ago the armrest came off the cab chair, no idea how to reattach, last wk water was running from under the bathroom sink, couldn't find the source, I was hooked up to city water, I unhooked and leak stopped. Macerator has quit, black dump valve was out of time,I unhooked it. grey dump valve did the same but now works fine, don't know why, I noticed the wide white door frame has peeling paint and rust spots. This is what's gone wrong since Nov. 2018. I had 2 trips to Elkhart for repairs before that. I hope problems are coming to an end. My friend who bought the BT Cruiser has had similar problems.

Lynn