• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
Service
« on: October 29, 2021, 06:32:52 am »
Has anyone been able to get a service appointment at the factory this fall?

mikeh

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: Service
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 06:56:29 am »
rvrunner----

Woodchuck and I just exchanged comments on this issue in another post, so I'll just copy them below to start the conversation on your question:

Love our PC! After 40 yrs rving, this will be our last. I do all maintenance & fix 90% of failures. Would like to see PC expand there service center. Can't rely on dealer network for service. Subject probably should be another post. Chuck

Absolutely correct about the PC service center Chuck.  When my slide failed, I knew it would require a significant repair job and didn't even consider trying to find a PC dealer or another independent source to work on it.  I'm sure there are some quality operations out there, but I didn't personally know of one and I wasn't about to roll the dice--knew the PC factory should be as good as it gets. 

Called Keith at the end of June, and the first date he could give me was starting 28 September for three days.  I actually made two more trips in the interim without use of the slide, but I was traveling alone so it was a minimal inconvenience.  I think that timing is pretty standard for PC's factory service currently (at least for major jobs) based on conversations with a couple other owners.  It would be great if Phoenix could expand their capability to cut that down--I think they'd have no trouble staying booked.
Mike

Woodchuck

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 04/2021
  • ModelYear: 2020
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 06:49:01 pm »
My first experience with Campers Inn service: After purchasing a new Tiffin Class A ($176000.00) I tried to make a appointment for warranty work. I was told to bring it in. When I inquired about the time table to repair two simple items----the response was they had no idea. Could be months before they could look into our problems. My response, you expect me to leave our motorhome with no end date to be fixed? We have only had it for a month & you are going to let it sit on your lot until???? Long story short----I drove 725 miles to Red Bay, Ala. I made two trips to Red Bay over three & a half years knowing that our motorhome would be fixed right the first time. Tiffin built their business on thier ability to service what they sold. They didn't rely on the dealer network. You can call Tiffin & speak with a technician during business hours, same day service. If I can't fix my PC, I will drive to the factory before I would let Campers Inn touch it. I am not picking on Campers Inn----they just happen to be the dealer for Tiffin & PC in NC. As far as I know, out of four location in North Carolina, Campers Inn has no PC inventory. Sounds like a one sided agreement to me. I have had three occasion to call PC, only once did I get a call back. Have tried their contact service with no response.  UTube has been my go to for how to fix many problems. Still love traveling this great country. Chuck :)
Chuck & Sheila

JKSan

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3-13-2021
  • ModelYear: 2021
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 07:41:31 pm »
I'll throw my two cents worth in here.  One of my hydraulic jacks wasn't functioning correctly (under warranty) , I called Campers Inn and made and appointment about two weeks in the future.  I brought my rig in and they did the necessary paperwork and then asked if I was being picked up.  I said no, I planned to wait on the unit and they said it would take quite a while.  I said I would wait.  (by the way, no waiting room)  About six hours later, it was fixed and upon leaving they told me that any future work would have to be dropped off and left with them to decide when they would get to working on the unit.  I asked them why the need for an appointment.  I explained that any car dealer service is performed with an appointment and that was the purpose of an appointment.  They said that the appointment was for their planning, but that work would not be performed on the day of drop off and they couldn't tell me when work would be performed in any type of time frame.  So, I fix small issues myself and just hope that nothing of significance surfaces.  I hope that this particular Campers Inn isn't representative of all of them.  I just don't know, but I am very apprehensive about this local dealership of mine.  An observation - this particular Campers Inn is 98-99%% towable trailers.

garmp

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/20
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2020 2351D
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Jack Doub Grey/Greystone
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 03:00:59 pm »
It is easy to sit back and criticize, but I have to get my two cents in. I also had to wait a couple of months to get it, but that was because of COVID and the move. I'm reaching for the moon, I know, but what they need is at least two more Doug & Dannys, if not three.
Just my take on things.
Jack is what we call our PC 2351D, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it. We're no longer Team Bob. Just Jack the RV!

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2021, 06:01:12 pm »
And a few Bobs too!
---
Don and Patti

Joseph

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2021, 06:46:06 pm »
Woodchuck mentioned Tiffen. Iíve read countless stories of their incredible service. I mean second to no one. Being the companies been sold I wonder if it will continue.

Phoenix USA RV Forum Team

• View Profile
  • Model: None
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2021, 10:08:52 pm »
Hi Guys!
I have heard the similar stories about service departments holding a customer's coach until they can "get to it" and sometimes taking months. One of the reasons we book out in advance is so that you know when you bring in the coach, we are going to work on it. Some jobs may require more than a few days of work and so that customer may opt to leave it with us for a few weeks. But rarely do we have a coach for months unless a customer is looking for a major renovation.
I'm in full agreement that we need more Doug and Dannys! for those of you that have worked with them, you do know they are special and hard to duplicate.... but we are trying to add to their team :-)

As far as anyone having difficulty getting a call back, if that ever happens, you can email me and I will follow up for you.

safe travels!
tina
tina@phoenixusarv.com

mikeh

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • ModelYear: 2019
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2021, 10:25:30 pm »
Thanks Tina.

I will agree that though my service was booked 3 months in advance, the guys were ready to jump on it immediately when I brought it in, and had it ready in the 3 days that Keith projected.

I think there is a lot of trust in Phoenix service by Phoenix owners--and a lot of uncertainty regarding service quality from other (unfamiliar) outlets.  Just would be great if Phoenix could handle more volume--which should reduce wait times for larger jobs.

Thanks for the attention----