• PurchDate: 05/08/021
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Grey/Cherry
  • ExtColor: White/Black/gray
What do you do while camping
« on: August 23, 2021, 09:19:54 am »
Hi all, I hope this is in the right place for this type of discussion.  I am curious as to what people do for entertainment / activities while camping.  Let me start off with a small caveat.  We are not new to camping, but we are new to the class B+ style of RVing and we are not currently set up with a TOAD / boat / kayak, etc., so activities are limited. We used to camp with our travel trailer.  We are working on Kayak’s and a TOAD though.
Currently, we go hiking when / where applicable and go for walks with our Boxer dog, play cards, watch movies and relax, but that is about it. 
So, what do you do while camping with such limitability such as mine?  Not being able to drive around and such.
Thanks for your input.
Steve

donc13

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
Re: What do you do while camping
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 12:21:06 pm »
I guess the first question would be what do you want to do?

When needed, our 2551 (about 2' shorter than the 2552) is our local travel vehicle also.  We leave the shore plug and waterline attached to the pedestal at the campground with a bike cable lock holding it in in place.  My wife used to bicycle around, now we have 2 ebikes we use for quick trips or just to look around.

Things to do are only limited by your imagination and budget.
---
Don and Patti

JJCruiser

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 10/2018
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 01:13:10 pm »
Hi all, I hope this is in the right place for this type of discussion.  I am curious as to what people do for entertainment / activities while camping.  Let me start off with a small caveat.  We are not new to camping, but we are new to the class B+ style of RVing and we are not currently set up with a TOAD / boat / kayak, etc., so activities are limited. We used to camp with our travel trailer.  We are working on Kayak’s and a TOAD though.
Currently, we go hiking when / where applicable and go for walks with our Boxer dog, play cards, watch movies and relax, but that is about it. 
So, what do you do while camping with such limitability such as mine?  Not being able to drive around and such.
Thanks for your input.

We do a lot of the same things you mentioned (hikes with our pups, biking, movies, reading, playing cards, cooking on the camp fire, renting a boat for the day, relaxing in a hammock, etc.). We also have been known to camp within walking distance to amusement parks like Holiday World in southern Indiana or at Fort Wilderness resort at Disney World in Orlando.  But a big part for us is exploring new areas.  We often pick an area that is new to us, set up camp for a few days, and explore up to a 100 mile radius with the vehicle we tow.  It really opens up the options on places to go, places to eat, and things to do.

Gixxerkid3

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 05/08/021
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Grey/Cherry
  • ExtColor: White/Black/gray
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2021, 05:20:26 pm »
Thanks for all your replies.  I can see that we are not too far off on the same things.  We just started taking our bicycles with us but are still hindered by out lovable boxer.  He’s great though. 
Thanks again.  I’ve got some new ideas to do with amusement parks now. 
Steve