• PurchDate: 5/19
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Grey
  • ExtColor: Grey/black
Double pane window fog
« on: August 17, 2021, 06:37:49 pm »
 ;)Well  one of the small double pane windows  right where I sit at the dinnett table (the lower crank open  forward window) evidently the seal gave way and the argon gas seeped out and moisture got in and fogged the window, annoying
 to say the least. I put up with it for too long . The same problem same type windows shows on this  forum's search back some time ago with some ideas to repair. Such as call the factory, possible warranty,  or purchase a replacement window, heat it with a blow dryer, remove and bake in oven .
So I called the factory  sent photos back in April of this year  talked with Carol at Phoenix in Elkhart, said she will order a replacement  to install myself, gave her my credit card information. Never been charged, Never received the window.  Months of lack of communication I gave up .
Tried a local window repair place in town seamed to have no interest in trying to repair such a small job. So with the help of Google and YouTube,  I drilled between 2 pieces of glass carefully  there is 1/4" seal between the glass  right left and bottom drilled holes and inserted a small  straw in one hole then blew condensed air between the 2 panes of glass, the fog turned to water droplets which I used  a heat gun carefully to dry up the droplets  this took time because I didn't want to melt or burn the glass or seals. Low and behold the glass  perfectly cleared . Now I did not seal the drilled holes to make sure no moisture returns,  when the window is closed the drilled holes are locked in the window frame and not exposed.  Days now weeks gone by ,open  closed rain and shine no fog, no moisture, clear view  not going to seal the drilled holes  see how long this lasts in different environments.  Enjoying the view , hoping for the best.. 2o2

SILVERLINER

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 5/19
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Grey
  • ExtColor: Grey/black
Re: Double pane window fog
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 06:47:55 pm »
  pyho I don't know why this forum makes it so difficult to ad photos.  I would of liked to show the before and after of the window . Tried re sizing  still file says  too  large . I give up!

Engineerlt

• A Little Project
    • View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: Aug, 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Hickory
  • ExtColor: Toast
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 07:46:03 am »
Back in March 2020 I posted about double pane window repair. I had one of my smaller crank out windows also fog up. I took the pains apart, resealed and charged it with argon. It is working great still no fog and you can't tell it was ever done.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 08:57:41 am »
We have HEHR thermal pane windows in our 2007 2350.  Back in the day, Phoenix installed sliders, not the current-day frameless jalousie style.  So far so good with the seals between the glass.

I imagine a rough riding rig has more potential for a failed seal.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 09:50:00 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer