• PurchDate: 04/2021
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
RVillage
« on: June 28, 2021, 06:40:35 pm »
Just went through the process to join RVillage & the PC group. Looks like very little action or I'm I missing something? (WH) Thanks, Chuck
Chuck & Sheila

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: RVillage
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 05:37:31 am »
I never heard of RVillage.

I recently joined the Phoenix Cruiser facebook group but seriously dislike communicating in facebook.  I find myself so lost and disorganized in that world.  I wonder if I will ever participate.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Woodchuck

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 08:11:43 am »
Ron, RVillage is a site to link up with other rvers. The PC travel club has a private group on RVillage that can arrange travel plans & meet ups. Only PC travel club members can see these discussions & post. Seems like a good ideal but the group doesn't look very active. If you want to reach out to anyone on this site, that an option also. Not my cup of tea as I don't do social media & can't speak facebook. Thanks for your reply, Chuck
Chuck & Sheila

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 09:37:47 am »
Hi, Chuck! I'm still trying to get our club RVillage group up and running. It is used a decent bit by the northeast crew, probably because one of them was on RVillage before the club set ours up and had it all figured out. The site is aggressive with notifications and you have to be aggressive back in turning them off. This caused quite a few members to refuse to use it anymore. I was going to launch regional gatherings using RVillage at the Charleston reunion in 2019 but injured myself and missed that opportunity. Then COVID hit... I'm going to try again to revitalize it and get things rolling at our Spearfish, SD reunion this September.

The club only gathers as a whole once a year so it slows down the roll out of such things. I've sent out info in club newsletters and we have instructions on the club website but not everyone is comfortable with the tech stuff. John will be available at the reunion to help set people up and block unwanted notifications.

We hit one snag in get togethers - ONLY the main account holder, administrator for the club can schedule a get together and invite people through our group site. I was hoping anyone in the group could launch one so they could set their own regional ones up without going through our webmaster. It will still work, they just have to go through John. Now that Covid-19 restrictions are lifting, I hope to encourage gatherings again and using RVillage to the find other members, especially as we travel cross country to the reunion.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

Woodchuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2021, 06:51:58 pm »
Thanks for the information. I deleted my profile today. Willing to try again if you are able to get things up & running. Thanks, Chuck :)
Chuck & Sheila

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2021, 12:04:31 pm »
I am glad to find out I am not the only one that stays away from social media.  Facebook is just not my cup of tea, although I have had an account for years.  I did use it to track down information in January and February for the counties in our state that had COVID vaccine availability.  After that, I continued to avoid it.   To each his own, I guess. 

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2021, 04:00:51 pm »
Tried it. The RVillage site is aggressive with notifications and that's what turned me off so I turned them off. As a group I feel we do need a way to post regional gatherings. Until Covid this forum was working  to post gatherings and I feel it will work again. Just post the gathering here and see if there's any interest.
Travel safely everybody!

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2021, 06:36:03 am »
I also avoid most social media. RVillage has the security to keep the travel and gathering information private to only club members (yes, we verify membership before allowing people access to the club group page). I get a weekly notification newsletter thing from RVillage and that's it. I've turned off all other notifications. There was a bit of a learning curve (days, not weeks or months,) to do this but it can be done. Anything posted on this factory forum is public.

I love looking at our RVillage group map to see where everyone is. Unfortunately John and I must take the road less traveled because we're always FAR from everyone else. We have clumps of club members in New England, Florida, Michigan, etc. and nobody for hundreds of miles from where we are (at least nobody showing their current location on our map). We hope that changes as we travel for the reunion but even that trip will be in out of the way places.

RVillage notification control:
- deselect "notify me" each time you update your location. I do this before entering my location so I don't forget
- profile page- deselect every notification. You can opt back in individually as desired
- every group you join directly or any you check off on your profile page - go to that group page and deselect notifications for that group

Help bring about the change you want - use the RVillage contact info to ask that all notifications be set to "opt in" instead of "opt out" - tell them if that is the reason you don't use it.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net