• PurchDate: 3/20
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2020 2351D
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Jack Doub Grey/Greystone
Plant still closed
« on: April 08, 2020, 03:00:08 pm »
I was told by my salesman that the plant would be closed until April 7 and at time he would contact me concerning my requests. A friend of mine (on this forum) messaged me that the plant would not reopen until April 20. And I thank him for the notice and have no reason to doubt him. But there has been no publication/notice of their closure nor proposed reopening date any where that I could find. Their new website offers no information at all.
One would think that they would have better communications, especially with customers, as I, who have a new unit finished and ready to be picked up.
Jack is what we call our PC 2351D, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it. We're no longer Team Bob. Just Jack the RV!

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Hickory/ Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
Re: Plant still closed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »
Goin' where the wind goes...

rvrunner

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 10:11:27 am »
Garmp, you have a 120,000 dollar plus PC sitting at the factory, they have extended the shut down and no one from PC got a hold of you, and you can't reach anybody,  Any number of people from PC or Campers Inn could have contacted you from home. This lack of communication shows an (I don't care} attitude from the sales people at PC. PC is a small company only building 2 to 3 PC's a week. Staying in contact with this small number of customers should be no problem at all. I wonder if PC will survive the next down turn in business? I would be temped to cancel my order and ask for my down payment back. In reality you just want to know the latest status on your new motorhome.

hutch42

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: Interested in the new Ford Transit Diesel models
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: New TRX
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 10:08:55 am »
PC needs an "Earl"!

One time I emailed Earl with a question.  He said call me Sunday morning.  When I called him he was in his garage tinkering with stuff, and did not mind at all.

Old school business thinking, its really gone today.

Sarz272000

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: August 2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: Gray
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 04:12:45 pm »
This pandemic is like nothing ever seen before.  If I had a PC on order or ready to pickup I may also have questions.  However, I would feel really bad if the PC salespeople, factory workers or their family members were sick with the virus or in critical condition or worse already passed.  Patience is called for in this time of crisis. 

Ron S.

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 08:02:50 am »
These are tough times for all of us and I am glad I am retired and don't have to figure out how to keep companies afloat like I did in 2008 and 2009.   This is a time when management skills and weaknesses both show.   

We decided to buy a PC primarily because of the positive comments about the company and their commitment to customers was evident from reading this and other RV forums.   Since we had owned several Bs and Cs in the past decades and had seen what awful service most dealers and manufacturers had provided in the 80s, 90s and 2000s we were really impressed by what we read on the forums about the folks at Phoenix Cruiser.    I only called the company twice and the first time left word for Earl to call me.   He returned my call within an hour and answered my questions concisely.    Another time, I called and had a technical question about mounting my do it yourself adding of a solar panel to the roof.   Kermit called me back within and hour and told me in less than sixty seconds what I needed to know.   

And that, my friends, is why we have all been so positive about this company.    A great product and a management/ownership group that was responsive.    I am sure navigating Phoenix through 2008 and 2009 was a nightmare.   I know that today the nightmare is very different but still incredibly difficult.   But, if you want to survive on the other side of all this, you have to focus, prioritize and manage more intensely than ever before. 

faiello

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 08/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Graystone/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 09:35:35 am »
I agree with Doneworking, if the plant is closed there's only a limited amount they can do. I work for a manufacturing company and because they are an essential company the plant is open but only 50% of the assembly workers are in at a time to keep social distances and the office workers are working from home.

I had ordered a part from PC and Carol got it out the day the plant closed. I have another part I requested through the web site but have not got a response as of yet and I understand why. Be patient and hopefully we will all get through this safely and live our normal lives again.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 09:41:34 am by faiello »
Frank & Beth

garmp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 10:11:05 am »
This pandemic is like nothing ever seen before.  If I had a PC on order or ready to pickup I may also have questions.  However, I would feel really bad if the PC salespeople, factory workers or their family members were sick with the virus or in critical condition or worse already passed.  Patience is called for in this time of crisis. 
Sarz272000
I couldn't agree more & I have been and am still patient. All I asked is a little communication.

I only called the company twice and the first time left word for Earl to call me.   He returned my call within an hour and answered my questions concisely.    Another time, I called and had a technical question about mounting my do it yourself adding of a solar panel to the roof.   Kermit called me back within and hour and told me in less than sixty seconds what I needed to know.
Doneworking

That's exactly my point. I contacted my salesman 5 times total, by email and phone, to get assurance that all our add-ons, etc were being done. And the sales manager twice. If I get a return message (only 3 total) it is always, "I'll get that to you tomorrow". Which never seems to come. When I did get a call it was to let me know that my unit was finished and sitting on the lot. (I never did get a firm confirmation that all the particulars I requested were in place.) And that the plant was closed until April 7. Not a problem for me at all. End of communication! Come April 8, I was wondering why I never heard anything. Through a friend on this forum, I found out that the plant would be closed until April 20. Not an issue under these circumstances. I totally understand. But don't you think I could have been told. Not even a notice on their web site.
Yes Doneworking, where is Earl & Kermit?????
Jack is what we call our PC 2351D, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it. We're no longer Team Bob. Just Jack the RV!

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 10:36:03 am »
Garmp, I really feel for you in this situation.   In a day and time when so much is working against a business, communication at all levels is paramount.  Working remotely has become a fact of life for a whole lot of people not only here but around the world. 

Folks just need to know what is going on and most will accept the time and circumstances of events.   

Trust me:  it is always a lot more fun to start or buy  a business than it is to run it.   I learned that lesson a long time ago at great personal expense and pain.  How long does it take to write a short email or make a brief phone call?  Two or three minutes invested to save a sale to someone like you or me or most of us.   Is that too long an investment in time???  (WH)

Paul

2 Lucky

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/27/18
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 10:46:11 am »
The plant being closed does not mean that one person can't be there answering the phone and taking care of mail and keeping the mice out. (or forwarding the phone and email and letting the mice have a run at it...)
Riding the fine line between bravery and stupidity since 1952.

rvrunner

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2020, 12:16:27 pm »
The plant being closed does not mean that one person can't be there answering the phone and taking care of mail and keeping the mice out. (or forwarding the phone and email and letting the mice have a run at it...)
Lucky, you nailed it, keeping in touch with customers who have a new PC on order is simple good customer relations that benefit both PC and the customer. Customer relations and quality will never get better in the RV industry  unless customers demand it.

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Hickory/ Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2020, 01:07:42 pm »
I was told by my salesman that the plant would be closed until April 7 and at time he would contact me concerning my requests. A friend of mine (on this forum) messaged me that the plant would not reopen until April 20. And I thank him for the notice and have no reason to doubt him. But there has been no publication/notice of their closure nor proposed reopening date any where that I could find. Their new website offers no information at all.
One would think that they would have better communications, especially with customers, as I, who have a new unit finished and ready to be picked up.

Really garmp? Have you even attempted  to call them??
 https://www.phoenixusarv.com/blog

https://media.giphy.com/media/SWoRKslHVtqEasqYCJ/giphy.gif

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:36:18 pm by CalCruiser »
Goin' where the wind goes...

Phoenix USA RV Forum Team

• View Profile
  • Model: None
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2020, 05:50:02 pm »
Good Evening every one!
I'm sorry that there has been some confusion as to the current status of factory operations. We did post on the blog, which also shows up directly  on the home page about stopping production and admin/sales availability. We also changed our phone system to communicate this shutdown if anyone were to call the office. Regarding plant reopening, we are taking it week by week. The health and safety of our employees is priority. Additionally, we are dependent our our supply chain opening up as well. Our largest supplier communicated this past week they will not reopen until the 27th of this month.

Bob (the onsite Campers Inn salesman) has all of his calls forwarded directly to his cell phone. It is our understanding that he is available day or night.

These are truly uncertain times, yet we remain committed to customer satisfaction. So much in fact that if you are not receiving the information or response that you need you may contact me directly and I will get your answer.

Stay healthy everyone!!
Tina Cooper
tina@phoenixusarv.com

garmp

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2020, 02:25:26 pm »
Just saw this on their website. Glad they're keeping us abreast of things.https://www.phoenixusarv.com/