• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
PC Specific Items For Sale By Owner
« on: April 06, 2020, 10:19:44 am »
I am not sure if I am breaking rules here, but over the past 13 years owning our PC, I have a bunch of PC-specific items that I would like to sell.  Shipping them is impractical due to the cost.  But if you are driving on Interstate 90 past the city of Elgin, IL then you are just 3 minutes from our house from the Route 31 north-bound exit.

Off the top of my head, this is what I have.  I believe everything is compatible to most PC's made to this day.

- complete roof rack, brand new, never installed
- complete ladder, brand new, never installed

- coffee maker, the one that mounts on the inside of the under-sink door

- Corian mount in color Sagemint Green, for the coffee maker

- like new butcher block (sorry about the blurry pic, just noticed it)

- wire basket for kitchen utensils, replaces the butcher block (includes hardware to mount to drawer glides)

- Ford tire iron

- soon coming, the 4 stainless steel wheel covers (will be changing to Alcoa wheels shortly)
- twin battery tray that works well, but is not beautiful
- tracks to the various kitchen galley drawers
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 09:38:50 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
Re: PC Specific Items For Sale By Owner
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 06:15:35 pm »
 2o2

Whats the longest dimension on the roof rack and ladder pieces? (assuming they are not fully assembled)

I would be interested in the ladder and rack if shipping could work. UPS permits up to 108"... tymote

""You want to save money on travel, drive a Prius and stay at motel 6""  Forum Member Joseph

WORD.

2 Lucky

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/27/18
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 06:32:07 pm »
2o2

Whats the longest dimension on the roof rack and ladder pieces? (assuming they are not fully assembled)

I would be interested in the ladder and rack if shipping could work. UPS permits up to 108"... tymote
We used an online outfit called citizenshippers.com recently to have two dogs brought to us from Miami to western Colorado (rescued from a relative who could no longer keep them, turns out the dogs rescued us.) We were totally happy with the website and process. Apparently there are alot of people who travel place to place anyway and look for ways to offset their fuel costs. Put in what you want to have shipped from where to where and folks bid on the job. No complaints here for sure.
Dougn
Riding the fine line between bravery and stupidity since 1952.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 09:16:03 pm »
I will post pics of everything soon.

I really didn't want to ship anything to avoid the hassle and potential for damage....especially odd items like roof rack and ladder.

As far as citizen shippers is concerned, that might work, but everyone is locked inside their homes for who knows how long.  I guess it's the same issue for someone stopping by the house here to pick-up anything.

We'll have to wait until our country is back to it's original normal.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Volkemon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 11:58:51 am »
I

As far as citizen shippers is concerned, that might work, but everyone is locked inside their homes for who knows how long.

There are still a lot of 'essential personnel' down here.  I am one, still working m-f.  Mrs V has not left the property in ..4 weeks?  I am doing all the shopping for her (us...) Mom and my cuz in Vero Beach. Walmart is a trip now, online shopping might be 45 min pickup wait after getting in line, getting a spot, calling to tell them etc etc. Walk in depends on the wait to get in. After filling the allowance, it is 'one in one out' for the stores.

And hunting down flowers ANYWHERE i can for Mrs V  heartshower .. getting harder.  First world problems, right?

I mask up fully when out, and *everything* gets a sterilization wash before going across the line into the house. Coming home with groceries and mail means 35-45 min of decon work, then I shower. After that... my hug and kiss.  2o2  But hey.... SO glad I am not in a metro area.  2o2 

Looking at your pic, it would be an easy ship. Bit of wood for bracing and go. Insure it $50 over purchase, if it does get totaled shipping at least there are no monies lost between us.  Looks like 5' long by 2' high?   I guess whenever you are ready to sell, I do want it. But the price of driving up there just to get them...new ones are not that much. I was just happy to be getting NOS instead of aftermarket.  :)(:
""You want to save money on travel, drive a Prius and stay at motel 6""  Forum Member Joseph

WORD.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2020, 08:05:11 am »
Volkemon,

I suggest you look into buying the rack and ladder direct from the factory.  They ship that kind of stuff all the time.  Though it would cost you significantly more than if you just happened to be passing by my neighborhood, I don't think their delivered price would break the bank.  It is surely worth a call to them to get a price including shipping.

Concerning COVID-19, Irene and I have hunkered down.  We take extra precaution because of her M.S.  I go out as seldom as necessary.  I started out with hand sanitizer until a week ago, adding the wearing of generic safety glasses and a face mask.  I stage all mail and non-perishables just inside the rec room off the garage on a counter-top.  We let it sit there for 3 days.  Perishables are washed down there, then brought up.  My other purchases are primarily car parts as I am restoring a 2007 Saturn Sky.  I treat the packaging as contaminated, then let loose from there.  They claim COVID-19 lives longest on stainless and plastic, and shortest on paper products.

Fortunately our yard is a beautiful place to hang out.  As the weather has been breaking, we get out more, without crossing the property line.  A goose nesting on our deck's raised vegetable garden just 8 to 10 feet from the patio door, further distracts from the lock-down.

Here is our back yard with the goose keeping her 7 eggs warm.  A couple days ago, it was warm enough to eat at the picnic table out there.

Here is my mild restoration project.  I gave this car the name Money-Pit.  When done, I will have nearly twice the money into the car than it's value.  $4700 for the car +$3500 in parts and such (+ my time) to make it right = :'(  But it will be nice when done.  I might consider towing it behind the RV.  It is a stick shift and a tow bar bracket is available.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:07:38 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Volkemon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 09:55:05 am »
SWEEET project!  And remember... F the resale value. Make what YOU want and have fun doing it. I dont think I have EVER built a sandrail for a customer that would sell for what was spent to make it.

One notable example was a 'cheapie' I put together, owner ended up bailing on the project, I offered for $3500. Cost ~$4500 to build. Got offers for $2000 and down... told the last guy I would sell the engine for more than that. He came back the next day to offer $2200. The engine was already out and up at my parts warehouse showroom. Got $2700 for the engine. Sold the rolling chassis for $1500 to someone else with an engine... and never tried to build a rail to sale again!!

I suppose I could get the ladder from the factory, but ladders are an easy aftermarket thing to find. No need to pay dealer prices. It sounds silly, but the fact it was NOS OEM was most of the attraction. Left over from my VW restoration days I suppose.

You often speak of selling your coach for 'TOP DOLLAR' should that event happen , so I was surprised to see you separating those parts from it. You have a fine specimen, should keep all the bits with it IMO.  (WH)

For some the roof is 'no mans land' and the rack 'useless' but I am one of those freaks that loves to get up there for cleaning and repair. And i do use the rack for tiedown purposes.  I hauled the 14' awning kit from work to home on top of the camper. Many 'sticks' of hurricane shutter track, which are 20'. Top of the camper... I am now fixing to get a 24' fiberglass lamp post from here at work for my home use... and that is traveling home on the top of the camper, secured to the rack. The TV antenna mount is a surprisingly good and strong  tiedown point in front. Yes, my neck is a red as this guy's...  pyho      roflol   

Stay safe!  Bleach and Water is a great way to disinfect the mail, groceries etc. Outside of takeout boxes... STAY SAFE. Best to you.

WORD.

2 Lucky

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 02/27/18
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2010
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2020, 10:58:58 am »
Beautiful back yard and awesome car, Ron. Both will keep you busy for sure. If you get away with less than $10K in the car you'll be lucky! I googled that Saturn, what a cool ride with some great reviews! I used to love sporty two seaters back when I had knees that would let me climb out of one, now I'd need an ejection seat.

Citizen shippers is often a trucker who picks up a little extra cash, no personal contact needed. Pretty easy on the buyer's end to see if it is a possibility.

I can appreciate the pains and gains of auto restoration having done a full redo on a 1949 Buick Roadmaster decades ago...sold it a few years ago (for about 1/2 of what I had in it).  It was a lot of fun to do, I'll never do that again. And it seemed to never be finished.  Just for fun here's a pic of my babies back then...that's a 93 Miata LE next to Tools, AHHH the good ole days...  ;)
Riding the fine line between bravery and stupidity since 1952.

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 12:09:50 pm »
It IS lots of fun to do those kinds of projects.   I once did a restoration on a 1927 Model T and enjoyed the heck out of it.   That was about thirty years ago and I remember the couple I sold it to had tears in their eyes.   They were elderly and told me it was the same year and model as the first car they had back when they got married in the 1930s.   It was a joy to see them own it. 

This very morning I was cleaning out an old box of papers in storage and found the original purchase receipt for our bright Red 1982 Chevy 20 van we bought brand new for $10,000.   We converted it to a camping and travel van and did all the work ourselves (except took it to a van shop to install the windows because they only charged a few bucks more than the windows cost).   It was built to be a work van and only had the two original Chevy seats in it and nothing else.   We put fuzzy wuzzy carpet on the walls and floor,  a finished birch headliner in it, two nice van chairs to replace the original driver and passenger chairs, a camping cassette toilet, a five gallon fresh water supply with a pump and sink, a couch across the back that made a bed.  We also had a 12 volt little refrig built in.   That van made a lot of great trips to a lot of beautiful places.

Several years later, we stripped all that and used it as a hauler.  We bought our first Class B, an Intervec Horizon.  Many of you know Intervec was the predecessor company to Phoenix Cruiser.   It is what Kermit cut his teeth on building as I recall.   The old Chevy van?   We gave it to the Salvation Army after having it for almost 25 years. 

Projects are fun, but only a young Okie would convert a 1982 Chevy van in the middle August in the Oklahoma heat.   I still remember packing those walls with fiber class in August when the heat and humidity were both trying to be a hundred.   

Good luck on your project car, Ron and your PC specific stuff sounds like a real opportunity for someone within a reasonable drive of  your home. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:14:39 pm by Doneworking »