Hello Guest!

Tyron Bands - Run Flat Protection

• 3 Replies

Bill G

• The Midnight Rambler - Andersonville National Cem.
    • View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: November 10 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
Tyron Bands - Run Flat Protection
« on: March 01, 2020, 07:01:42 am »
Hi all,

Does anyone have any knowledge and/or experience with the Tyron Bands?  Tyron -usa.com

Thinking about installing on the Midnight Rambler ('17 2552)

Bill G.   tymote
Bill G.

Joseph

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
Re: Tyron Bands - Run Flat Protection
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:21:36 am »
Not with that brand but we used similar in some of our armored SUVís.  You still knew it if a tire went, itís not like you continue driving with it unnoticed. Also it was difficult to get them balanced. Personally, I wouldnít spend the money ( Iím guessing their still pricey) but itís like anything in life, risk management and your tolerance for that risk.

I need to clarify. These will assist you to the side of the road safely.  There are better options out there that we could go miles at speed under control with very heavy vehicles. All the options are expensive and none are something I'd personally spend money on for a small RV.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:32:43 am by Joseph »

Bill G

• The Midnight Rambler - Andersonville National Cem.
    • View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: November 10 2016
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 09:13:56 pm »
Yes they are expensive, doing more research, but I have found two l!aces that sell and install them. Will post results by the end of the week.

Got in a situation driving back from the Charleston rally which got me thinking about all this......

Found myself cresting a hill  passing a semi, with another trucker coming up behind me, balls to the wall. After cresting the hill the highway went into a  down hill, right hand sweeper. The semi I was trying to pass let me over as the semi behind me blew past. AO! By then I was outside my comfort zone doing 73+ MPH. It was then that I had the thought, "If I blow a front tire now, we are really screwed!"

Not looking to drive to the next exit with a flat, just getting safely stopped and not end up like the poor guy in the video. Yes, life is not without risk, but now that I've had the vision, and know about the bands, how do I live with myself if something happens and we are injured or worst, but it could have been avoided, but I was too worried about the $$$!

More later,

Bill
Bill G.

Joseph

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 09:19:57 pm »
Yup, risk management, do you have run flats on your cars as well?