• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
Standard vs Option
« on: January 22, 2019, 01:59:38 pm »
The owners who have the double door closet, do you have a factory light in the closet? Did it come that way or was it an option?

Lynn

Tall Guy

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: 3/23/2018
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Desert sand
  • ExtColor: Toast, lower body paint
Re: Standard vs Option
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 02:08:32 pm »
Our bathroom has a double door closet with a light inside it that was installed as a standard feature.  Be careful how much weight you put on the clothes bar in there if yours is equipped with one the screws that mount the bar holders are small and the material they're screwed into seems flimsy.  I'm going to put a support under each end of the bar so I can hang anything there without worry.

Gary

Free2RV

• Gary and Susie
    • View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: P.U. 6/11/18
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Nightscape (Cherry)
  • ExtColor: Graystone (FBP)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 02:42:45 pm »
Ours also came with the double-door closet and included a light.  We had them install an​ outlet in the closet so we could mount a Dyson vacuum in the closet and plug it in to charge it.  Works great!  The doors on the closet normally both have a mirror on them, but we had them delete the mirror on the door toward the back because it is only usable while sitting on the toilet. That door is a raised panel door.

Gary
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:49:26 pm by Free2RV »

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 07:35:18 pm »
Our 2013 2552 double door wardrobe has the factory installed light. We never use it. Interesting question, though. Are you missing the light?
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

rvrunner

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 09:24:24 am »
Our 2013 2552 double door wardrobe has the factory installed light. We never use it. Interesting question, though. Are you missing the light?
We didn't get a light in our big closet, all the photos I've looked at show a light in the closet. I'm wondering if anyone inspects the coaches while they're being built to see that everything is installed. What exactly is standard ? It looks like you have to ask about furnishings electrical plug ins, lights, light switches, everything when you order. We have installed a couple of cheep battery lights but they go dim fast and sometimes we forget to shut them off and there're dead next time we use them. I had no idea PC did so much custom work until after I ordered. It looks like not everyone gets the same standard features.

Lynn

TzrNPeg

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9/27/2018
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Mostly grey (silver?) and white with swirls
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 06:26:48 pm »
When we picked up our 2552 in late September, I didn't discover until we got home that they "forgot" to install the headboards on the beds.  I asked Barry if the headboards were standard and he said "yes" and they mailed them out to me immediately.  My husband installed them.

Peg

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 05:06:37 am »
Call Phoenix about the light. They may have stopped installing them there. The outlets and basic lights are standard. It's just that a bunch of us ask to move them around or switch more to work on the inverter, etc. We were planning to live full time and work half time out of the rig when we bought it so she was set up to do that. out worked great. Now we're retired and play full time so some of our mods aren't used as much.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

No

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • Model: None
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2019, 10:01:57 am »
We got our 2552 in March of '18 and the closet light was installed. We never use it but it is there.

Good idea on the single mirror, Gary!

I took the heavy sliding bathroom door off. The track was pulling loose from the ceiling and like the light, it was never used. Now the linen closet doors can always be opened fully.