• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
HELP
« on: December 30, 2018, 03:37:46 pm »
My macerator is stuck on, where's the fuse?

Lynn

jimmer

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 5 / 2016
  • Model: 2700
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: BLUE/OFF WHITE/MAPLE
  • ExtColor: WHITE OVER BLUE
Re: HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 04:44:00 pm »
Not sure on your's,  but mine are under the refrigerator.    I'd pull and replace each one until you find it.    If that doesn't do it,  wouldn't the  switch by the door cut the power at least ?

Jim

fandj

• View Profile
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Nightscape - full body
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 06:11:37 pm »
My 2552 has 5 auto reset breakers under the passenger side bed (behind the fuse/breaker panel). The middle breaker (20 amp) with the black wires provide power to the macerator.  There is also a small black cube connected to this breaker.  This is a relay which starts/stops the macerator pump.  There is no fuse only the breaker.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 06:24:46 pm by fandj »

rvrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 07:01:34 pm »
I pulled every fuse, it wouldn't stop. I never tried the breakers thinking they only ran the AC, not 12V. There is a list by the fuse box but the macerator is not listed on it. Finally I cut several wires and it stopped. While the macerator was running I unhooked the switch, took off both wires, I was holding the macerator on off switch in my hand with no wires connected to it, and the macerator still ran. I've been using the manual bypass dump valve. The black tank seems to clog up easy even when I use the flush. I unhooked the electric dump valve, it was out of sync, the actuator still tried to push the valve when it was fully closed and the blinking light wouldn't shut off. When I ordered my PC I didn't the macerator and electric valves but Earl said that's the only way I could get it. Talking with some of the guys in the shop and they said they have built them without that stuff. I spend a lot of time at dump stations because my black tank is 6 gallons smaller than what it's listed at. I thought 23 gallons was small but it only holds 17 which means I'm good for about 5 days. My fresh water tank is 13 gallons smaller than what it's listed, PC says it holds 31 gal., it only holds 18 gal. making boondocking a short term option.  I'm still under warranty until April 10 2019, I'll take it back before then. I carry my title with me, maybe I'll trade.

Lynn

fandj

• View Profile
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Nightscape - full body
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 07:27:06 pm »
It sounds like the relay shown in the photo above is stuck in the run position.  You might try tapping the relay case but it probably will require replacement. 

I actually find the mascerator system very convenient.  We have found it to be a quicker/cleaner system than the gravity dump system.  It is important to delay dumping the black tank until it is almost full.  This maximizes flow from the tank and improves cleaning of the black tank and plumbing.

rvrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 08:20:40 pm »
Thanks guys for the help, my blood pressure is back to normal.

Lynn

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 04:34:58 pm »
Now I need to look again at the pic and re read all the info. when I got home from the trip with group to Sarasota in Dec and was preparing to deliver  RV to parking location I discovered the pump switch on... no sound. Now I am wondering if I have macerator use when I get to next camp out... I do have a nice new sewer hose if I have to learn the old way to make it work. I was wondering if any fuses... I think I saw the answer above. Thanks for info and Happy New Year to all.... hoping for a good 2019 and very good health so we can all be on the road again.
Sending your New Year Hug, Patricia
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.