• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
foreign object
« on: July 21, 2018, 09:39:32 am »
When I first got my 2400 in April, I dumped the tanks for the first time and my black valve wouldn't close all the way. The electric valve bucked and made a banging noise. I flushed some more and everything worked fine. I dumped today, when I was done I opened the manual valve and a piece of fairly soft pipe an inch long came out. It had to of come from inside the tank, it was chewed up so it went through the macerator. I wonder what damage it did to the valve and macerator?  Everything works fine. There were plastic savings in the water fill also when I first tried to fill with water. Why doesn't anyone check these things during assembly?

Lynn

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: foreign object
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 08:34:35 pm »
Hi Lynn,

I hear now and then that on rare occasion, left-over pieces of drilled hole material for the fresh and waste water tanks, can end up inside the system.  You might have found one such piece.  It is very hard to say if it damage your macerator, but I favor the idea that your macerator is fine.  I wouldn't know about the electric tank valve.

It is a great idea when first purchasing any new motorhome, to fill both waste systems to their tippy tops with fresh water and open one waste system at a time.  You want the water to rush out as fast as possible until empty, done through the manual dump opening.  This to try to expel any such plastic debris.  How many times is up to you.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 08:36:25 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer