• PurchDate: December 20, 2016
  • Model: 2400 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2012 PC 2400 Sprinter
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Rust
Need a Euro chair
« on: April 13, 2018, 02:05:09 pm »
Does anyone have a Euro chair to sell that is in good shape that is being replaced with something else?  Our pre-owned 2012 PC 2400 Sprinter came with replacement barrel chairs which were not comfortable.  We can come get it depending on the location from Homewood, IL.  We will be heading south toward Houston, TX this at the end of this month; and later this year Houston then west to Mesa, AZ.    :)(:
Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Need a Euro chair
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 10:44:13 pm »
Hi Two Hams,

I surely agree with you with regards to the barrel chair.  It is comfortable in only one position.....sitting prim & proper.

I replaced our 2350 barrel chair with a 3rd matching captain seat.  It is easily swapped out, taking all of 10 minutes.  You remove 4 nuts directly under the barrel chair itself and it comes right off the pedestal.  You keep the seat belt, and pivot-slide movements, not messing with any of them.

If ordering a matching captain seat from Pauls Seating or from anywhere else for that matter, you need to specify the seat will be mounted on an "House" pedestal on 8" centers, not in the Ford cab on 12" centers.

When we bought our seat around 7 years ago, Pauls Seating charged $15 extra for each arm rest.  We were surprised our seat included a manual adjusting lumbar feature which is very nice.

I share this only "if" you later consider a captain seat.  I am "not" saying a euro seat is a lesser choice.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 10:52:19 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 09:21:46 am »
Thanks Ron, but the space aft of the retractable table and the refrigerator just barely allows a person to get by when the sofa/bed is extended.  we are currently using  a recliner with small hassock forward of the table, and a small rolling office chair aft.  The space was originally outfitted with a Euro chair, but the original owners retro fitted them with the four legged barrel chairs. . .nice looking furniture, but impractical.  I'll bet it was due to faux leather peeling, which we have in the cockpit chairs; but that information is lost in time.  Phoenix will sell me a Euro chair (Kermit quote) for $800+, but that's too rich for us.  We bought one of these https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Furniture/Thomas-Payne/195-000034.html?feed=npn&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzcbWBRDmARIsAM6uChVGalvS8ZN-4ANZmIdj6r1_FKjrjQoF4FsrelPvO-MoAW5BnCC3vJoaAoaoEALw_wcB but promptly returned it due to poor craftsmanship as well as the seat sloping rearward at a steep angle, making it impossible to be used in the upright position at the dinner table.   :)(:
Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:31:57 am »
The seat of the eurochair also slopes rearward. I had to put a " booster" pillow to work at our table. As a recliner, it's great... As a straight up chair, not so much but can be adapted.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

Lieutenant

• Our 2910 here in florida
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 26, 2012
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: tan
  • ExtColor: brown
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 01:09:00 pm »
I am in the process of having my 2 front captains seats recovered and will be replacing the crummy sofa and euro chair..the faux leather is coming off everything...if you are still interested in the "euro" chair be advised it will need recovering...we hardly used it and it was not abused...faulty fabric from PC!!!!!!!

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 08:07:29 am »
I am in the process of having my 2 front captains seats recovered and will be replacing the crummy sofa and euro chair..the faux leather is coming off everything...if you are still interested in the "euro" chair be advised it will need recovering...we hardly used it and it was not abused...faulty fabric from PC!!!!!!!
Hi Lietenant,

I think all new PCs today including the euro chair, is now made of real leather.....no more fake leather flaking.  If ordering a new euro chair, specify "REAL" leather and I think should be well.  But I wonder if the non-seating surfaces still made on fake leather still runs the risk of flaking.

I bet the flaking on the fake leather had to do with changing suppliers, getting the material from China.  Our 11 year old fake leather and also the later addition of our fake leather dinette and 3rd captain seat are all doing well.  I understood Paul's Seating used old-stock matching material to fulfill our orders a while back, hence all good-old material....all holding up beautifully.  We dodged a bullet there.

I feel for you and others with that flaking mess.  That has to be heartbreaking.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:20:02 am by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 08:16:47 am »

Thanks for the heads up, but we have changed our mind on the Euro chair.  With the slope making it less than useful at the dinner table, we have gone other directions.  We bought our used PC2400 Sprinter with flaking seats in the cab; but the previous owner had covered them with well made ultra-suede covers, so that will do for now.   :)(: