• PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
Need instructions to remove drawer glides
« on: September 15, 2016, 04:08:59 pm »
Would like to replace cutting board... full removal however takes some skills not evident in my house. Need to be able to remove and then the cutting board can disappear and a drawer of some kind can be put in place... last time Mr removed a drawer glide its
true gliding days had passed. So need some hints so he does not make a mess of new PC... And the experts instructions work better than mine any day. Thanks... Patricia  (my first car was a Henry J)
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Need instructions to remove drawer glides
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:41:51 pm »
Hi Patricia,

Any drawer including the cutting board, the glides separate by holding down on one side, up on the other side, the black plastic levers on the exposed side of the glides.  When holding them up/down, pull hard on the board and it will come out with resistance.  If it doesn't work, flip the up/down and try again.  Then you can easily remove the glides from the cabinet and board.  To remove the glide from the cabinet, you have to slide the ball bearing section around to expose the screws.

Not intending to promote my sales, but are you thinking of a drawer like THIS?  Someone here, maybe it was Barry-Sue, came up with the idea.  It is a quick remedy for extra storage, but a custom made drawer for that position could be made bigger yet.

If your Mr. is up to a challenge, he could attempt what I did in the end which nearly doubled our galley cabinet storage drawer space HERE.  Some was gained in the obvious places such as eliminating the center style, drawer walls, and glides, but most was gained in the depth to the back wall.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:03:02 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:15:23 pm »
I knew you had the key's. What haven't you solved Ron... And I just love your PC... what a color. That is a color that should come back. It is the nicest one I have seen. I will print your instructions and see what Jim thinks will solve the drawer problem. That would be so useful... Today was rearrange and get things in order so the trip next week can go and we can get with the program of camping small. Thanks so much for your grand input. Regards, Patricia
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 05:56:25 pm »
Patricia, You are so very welcome.  I try to help where I can.

BTW: Thank you also over your compliments about the color of our PC.  I have always appreciated the style of the front of our van portion with the front bumper cover & fog lamps, an option from Phoenix that we paid extra for.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:10:49 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer