• NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 8/19/14
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • Slide: Yes
  • ExtColor: Cafe
Water pressure
« on: December 15, 2015, 06:35:51 pm »
Almost a trickle of water comes out of all faucets.   City water is on.   Hose passes tons of water.  We must have something clogged at or near the outside attachment thing.  Where is a good place to start looking for the problem? I took all faucets apart and cleaned the filters.   Shower, kitchen, and lavatory faucets are all wimpy. 

Janey (happy at St George SP)
Suzanna Jane (aka Janey) and Sid Shazly

Carol

• View Profile
    • Aging on Wheels
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: July 2014
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
  • ExtColor: Sterling simplified
Re: Water pressure
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 07:19:08 pm »
What happens when you operate off of the water pump instead of the city water connection?

Pax

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 10:23:13 am »
And is your four way valve (next to where the hose is attached) turned to the proper setting?

- Mike

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 01:14:47 pm »
I am very interested in this thread because I have the same problem on our 2350:  low pressure when hooked up to city water.  Pressure is fine when using the pump and water from the tank.  It was this way since we got our unit from its previous owner, who had only had it 11 months. 

I can't figure out the problem.   I thought it was a defective or blocked check valve in the intake fixture, but I replaced it and it did seem to help but only slightly.  I pressure checked by pressure regulator on my water hose.  At our house, we have 75-80 psi water from the city to our outside spigots and I have 40 psi at the end of my rv hose after going through the regulator.  Perfect.  BUT, I still get about 60% as much pressure at the sinks and shower as I do on the pump.  I traced the input pipe from its entry back until it went into the Never Land of the wall, hoping to find a crimp.  I can find nothing but quality connections and no crimps anywhere.   Since the pump and water is under the bed on the 2350, I guess I should remove the bedding and the support chipboard and take a peak under there.  Maybe I missed something. 

I am totally unfamiliar with the four way valve referenced in the post above by Pax.  I don't believe I have such a valve on my model and would love to know where it is located on Pax's rig. 

Paul

KB9OMH

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 3/26/13
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Maple
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 04:21:31 pm »
You might want to check the one way value the you hook the shore water to and see if it is opening all the way. I know on my 3100 when I got it, it didn't close all the way and when I used the pump it would spray the water out of it.

Jim

Pax

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 06:43:15 am »
Sorry, Paul....I was responding to Janey who has a 2014.  The 4-way valve wasn't installed until 2013 on the 2014 models (I believe), so you wouldn't have it on your rig.  In a nutshell, this valve is installed on the drivers side and has a hose connection to hook up to city/campground water supply.  In essence, the four positions on the valve are: Use City Water, Fill Tank With City Water, Use RV Water Pump, Winterize. Here is a schematic from the manufacturer as to how different portions of piping are engaged when a selection is made...