Agreed, I think they are all initially setup the same. All of the maceration videos from the factory shows the pump on the outside port and the cap on the rear port. I decided to swap the 2 out ports,,,, I put the maceration on the one that points to the rear (with replacement straps to support it). and the cap on the one that points to the diver's side.
This swap accomplishes 2 things
1. It makes it much easier access when you want to connect using the larger sewer hose. It is now in plain sight when you are on you knees, but hidden when standing.
2. It moves the maceration pump out of sight. I personally didn't like seeing it stick out at the edge of the fender shirt.
Here's a pic of my rig connected to sewer using the traditional stinky slinky hose. Port Lavaca county park puts the connection right in the middle of the parking spot (no idea why!) instead of in the ground the drivers side.... Even the water and power are on the wrong side. That aside, you can see how easy it is now to connect a hose in this config. LOL,,, looking through my photo library I must avoid taking pics of the sewer connection. This was the only one I could find. I think it took it specifically to show someone the weird setup at this beach RV Park,.