• PurchDate: 3/2022
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2022
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Mirstone
  • ExtColor: Indigo
Ceiling Lights
« on: August 01, 2022, 03:41:39 pm »
Our 2022 2552 has very bright ceiling lights, no dimming capability.
Is there a better ceiling light that is dimmable and has a warm white option?

Rein

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Ceiling Lights
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 04:13:02 pm »
Here is the quick/easy method.  Remove the lens.  Using a black permanent marker, dab a black dot on every 4th LED to reduce the over-all light output.  If it is still too bright, dab every other one.  The dab will reduce, not eliminate the light output, so you might find yourself dabbing every LED, especially where the fixtures are in tight quarters.

The proper solution would be to disable LED circuits which would also save on battery energy.

I did the dab on my Saturn Sky interior illumination project when converting from incandescent to LED.  The LEDs for the switches and controls were otherwise blinding.  So many incandescent bulbs were burnt out so performing the conversion was an opportunity at hand.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 10:48:09 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

jim.godfrey

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2019
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Nightscape w/ Burgundy
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 08:07:18 pm »
I installed a switch in each fixture to turn off one side of the light. I typically leave them on half unless I need extra light for a task.
This is what I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DWS195R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
Install was pretty easy, just drill a hole for the switch, cut one lead and solder to the switch.

parkgt

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 07:12:53 am »
On getting our 2552 I immediately decided the bright lights had to go.  My solution was to replace the fixtures.  Besides being full dimmable with 3 color choices they look better IMO.  They are almost an exact match for the footprint of the old fixture so once installed they look stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GY6ZYND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Here are pictures showing relative dim and bright, front and back in a 2552.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 07:26:28 am »
On getting our 2552 I immediately decided the bright lights had to go.  My solution was to replace the fixtures.  Besides being full dimmable with 3 color choices they look better IMO.  They are almost an exact match for the footprint of the old fixture so once installed they look stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09GY6ZYND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
I REALLY like your recommendation.  I won't be making any lighting changes since we are good with what we have, but that is surely a winner of a change.  Phoenix should be mounting that one on their assembly line.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Rein

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/2022
  • ModelYear: 2022
  • IntColor: Mirstone
  • ExtColor: Indigo
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 05:12:03 pm »
I ordered the one recommended by Parkgt.
I like the three color temperature choices, especially in the bathroom for Carol's makeup.

Rein

parkgt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 06:24:04 pm »
Rein,

I think you will like them.  The On/Off switch is flush with the casing making it hard to find by touch.  They can be pressed from the side and bottom.  I added small clear self-adhesive pads to both planes to make them easy to find, I actually cut a small pad in half for each surface.  You will understand when you get them.

I bought this set to pad the blinds in the bedroom so they don't clank rolling over at night.  The little square ones cut in half are perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RYZ6PKR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mikeponiatowski

• View Profile
  • Model: 2100
  • IntColor: Cherry/Brown/Beige
  • ExtColor: White/Green
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 02:09:04 pm »

Here are pictures showing relative dim and bright, front and back in a 2552.

Just purchased a set of them.  Installed easily.  Much better lighting than stock and better than adding LED light tubes.