• PurchDate: January 2021
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: White
Unlabeled Fuses
« on: April 07, 2021, 05:13:06 pm »
I've been acquainting myself with the electrical system of our 2008 PC2350. Keelhauler's 2552 Electrical Schematic has been a great help. Even though my PC has the older Trip Lite Inverter/Charger and the IOTA distribution panel, I've found that his schematic still matches my unit's wiring pretty closely.

My question involves the 12V fuse panel. From Keelhauler's schematic and from a number of other posts that I've searched on the forum, it appears that PC typically uses only fuses 1 through 8. On my coach, fuses 1 through 8 are labeled and match Keelhauler's schematic. Fuses 9 through 12 are also used but are not labeled. It appears to be a factory install as all 4 wires go into the factory wire bundles behind the distribution panel.

Does anyone else have a unit that uses fuses 9 through 12 and do you know what they supply?
Randy H.
2008 PC2350 w/slide

mikeh

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 02/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: Unlabeled Fuses
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 05:37:58 pm »
Wow Randy, as owner of a 2019 2552 with an entirely different converter/power panel unit I will be of very little help except-----

while you're waiting for feedback from someone with a compatible unit, use the old trick of pulling each of the four fuses one at a time and carefully review what (if anything) goes dead.  From your description the fuses certainly look functional, so each one should kill one or more "somethings" when pulled.

Mike

Old Mainer

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: January 2021
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • IntColor: Gray
  • ExtColor: White
Re: Unlabeled Fuses
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2022, 06:02:49 am »
OK, I realize it's been over a year since I did this post, but I finally found the answer. I was in the process of replacing my failed Tripp-Lite Inverter Charge with a Renogy unit and was enlarging the hole where the remote panel mounts for the larger Renogy remote panel. This is next to the Iota distribution panel. In the process I noticed a taped-up bundle of 4 wires coming from the back of the Iota panel and leading nowhere. I realized they were the unused pigtails leading to fuses 9 thru 12. I had assumed because they had fuses in them, they must power something. I have removed the fuses and put them with my spares.
Randy H.
2008 PC2350 w/slide