• PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
Re: Entry door latch failure
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2021, 09:47:20 am »
Done working… ain’t that the truth.  I buy those latches in bulk. I’ve changed every one at least once .

JJCruiser

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 10/2018
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
Re: Entry door latch failure
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 09:01:01 am »
Have you seen the Tri-Mark repair kit from latchfix.com. It is 47.50 and repairs the lock for good. No more broken latch issues. A year ago I bought a new door lock assembly from PC because the original broke. That lock is acting just like the original did before it broke, its like you have to pull on the handle till it reaches the end of its travel before the bolt of the door lock assembly moves far enough to disengage from the striker plate on the door frame.  This is because one of the integral rods of the bolt assembly is broke allowing the other rod to flex, and the bolt is made out of pot metal. So it will be broken completely again before long.

I saved the original door lock assembly and just purchased the repair kit to fix that one and install it (I guess that makes me a hoarder). The guy that made the repair kit did a great job, its out of stainless steel and easy to install. The bolt should never break again, everything else will wear out around it before the bolt breaks. If you are wondering I am not sponsored to support this repair kit, its just an honest review. So if you just want to repair the Tri-Mark 060-1650 get the kit you can't go wrong...

Thank you for this post.  I checked my latch and it was not magnetic so I ordered the repair kit knowing it was just a matter of time before I would need it.  I usually follow the adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but this time I went ahead and replaced the latch.  When I opened up the original latch I saw a significant amount of metal shavings which leads me to believe something was wearing or someone did a lousy job of cleaning it during manufacturing.  Once I got the old latch out it was an easy install.  I added some grease in key spots to help lubricate the moving parts.  It works great.

Thanks again,

JJ