• PurchDate: 05/2021
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Grey
  • ExtColor: Grey/Black
PC/USA Customer Service
« on: August 12, 2021, 07:57:15 am »
I'm just curious if anyone has had difficulty contacting PC/USA Customer Service.  I've been trying to reach someone in the Parts Dept. for over a week without success.  I've emailed them, called, left messages on voicemail, etc., but have not been able to speak with a "real" person, nor has anyone called me back, even though the website's automatic email response says "A representative will be in contact with you within 1-3 days." 

Bruce Clerico

Gixxerkid3

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 05/08/021
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Grey/Cherry
  • ExtColor: White/Black/gray
Re: PC/USA Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 09:29:03 am »
Historically, yes, it is difficult to get in touch with a real person (Dave Ponsler).  They recently changed / reassigned roles there in the purchasing / parts dept so there is a bit of a delay. 
Steve

SILVERLINER

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 5/19
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • ExtColor: Grey/black
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 09:32:58 am »
Don't feel left out, the old Grey mare just ain't what it used to be!! Kermit is in the past and so is Phoenix cruiser, the way it used to be.  I've been waiting for answers for parts ordered last May, it is now the middle of August.  Gave up and fixed it myself. As I said"it just ain't what it used to be ". Just my 2 cents.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 03:39:55 am »
Try emailing Tina Cooper there.  I recently learned that she is married to one of the owners, hence an owner herself.  Maybe she could get the appropriate people there to respond quickly.

tina@phoenixusarv.com

It is unfortunate that the TLC given to current PC owners has degraded so much.  I can't brag about the company the way I once did.  I have gone silent when it comes to that.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 06:22:36 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

BruceClerico

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 05/2021
  • Model: 2910
  • ExtColor: Grey/Black
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 07:40:22 am »
Good news, at least for me.  I again called PC/USA yesterday & just kept going from dept. to dept. until a "real" person finally answered.  It was Steve in Accounting.  I explained my frustration to him & he apologized profusely, saying they'd had a number of changes in personnel over the past months.  He transferred me to the Parts Dept. & I spoke with Mona (ext. 407).  She'd only been on the job for 2 months, but she took down all my info regarding my sofa cable issue & said she'd have Dave Ponsler (ext. 404) call me back.  To my surprise, he called me within 30 minutes & said he'd send me the two cables in the afternoon mail.

Still a long way to go to get back to the "customer-friendly" PC/USA we used to know, but it's a start.

Bruce

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 09:35:14 am »
........he apologized profusely, saying they'd had a number of changes in personnel over the past months.
Hmm.  That explains some of the reason for poor customer service.  I wonder what else is suffering.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Hickory/ Beige
  • ExtColor: custom dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic stripes
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 01:26:12 pm »
Itís the new normal everywhere.  Iím surprised they even have all the parts needed to build new coaches. That must be very challenging for them,  to say the least. Good luck finding generic parts at your local RV store unless you live near Camping World. Itís only going to get worse with all the supply supply chain and shipping problems in Asia.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:29:03 pm by CalCruiser »
Goin' where the wind goes...

donc13

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 03:20:09 pm »
It's not the Asian shipping that's the problem, it's the getting them unloaded on the west coast that's the mother.
---
Don and Patti

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 08:14:31 am »
Try emailing Tina there.  I recently learned that she is married to one of the owners, hence an owner herself.  Maybe she could get the appropriate people there to respond quickly.

tina@phoenixusarv.com

Ron, I tried to not reply and even waited a day but couldn't help myself. Tina isn't some woman that "happens" to be married to one of the owners. She IS one of the owners. Kermit sold to two men. Chuck was one of them. The other one wasn't able to be involved as planned. Tina and Chuck bought him out. She is actively involved in the company and is the one working with PC owners to improve the company.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

TheLuvShack

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 2016
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2021, 04:56:27 pm »
I had my PC in for service in June/July. My 3100 had extensive damage to both sides due to an accident. Luckily no one was injured and our PC was still drivable. My service was performed in a timely manner and our PC looks like new. I was pleased with the follow-up while the repairs were done. Keith scheduled the repairs and communicated with me several times as the repairs were made. Doug met me in the parking lot when I pulled in and went over the repairs that were needed. PC allowed me to pick up my coach on a Saturday so we could get started on our summer trip. Tina was there on the Saturday we picked up our coach. Yes PC has recently had some employees leave. Tina said it was primarily due to age and normal attrition. She also mentioned how difficult it is to get parts right now.
Yes it is difficult to reach PC sometimes. From what I observed while I was at the factory PC is working hard to get through this difficult time.

rjmevans

• Ron and Jody
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: 19 April 2021
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2021
  • IntColor: tan
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2021, 01:55:34 pm »
We have a new 2351d and are driving from CO to the factory on 1 Sep to have several issues addressed. allegedly they have all the parts.  Hoping it works out because we haven't been able to use a lot of the features. 
Ron and Jody Evans
rjmevans

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2021, 06:31:12 pm »
I too have heard there is a blockage in the flow of imported RV components and appliances.  Until the great recession of 2008/2009, I understood most of such things were manufactured in Elkhart, IN and in other RV hubs around the USA.  If that was retained through the years, we'd still have a shortage given so many blue collar workers remain at home living off state and federal unemployment.  Hopefully this ends very soon.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer