• Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Replacing the Sharp connection oven
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2021, 09:00:16 am »
Hi 2 Frazzled,

I am not suggesting you do this now, but I wonder if you had an opportunity to make your damaged microwave all good using parts from the original one.

Different Story, Different Microwave Hood
At home we remodeled our kitchen which included changing every appliance.  I cleaned the old appliances and used them to upgrade our downstairs kitchenette.  One appliance was the microwave hood which was a greasy mess inside and out from Irene's daily cooking.  I took it "Completely" apart and degreased every nook and cranny with kerosene which went surprisingly easy.  I also removed superficial swirls & scratches in the black plastic face using an automotive paint restoration product.  The result was a like-new microwave hood.  It replaced a generic vented hood and a counter-top microwave which was an awesome upgrade.

One thing I learned from cleaning the microwave was how easy it was to completely disassemble.  If I had a second identical unit, it would have been a breeze to swap damaged panels for good ones.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 09:17:58 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

garmp

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 3/20
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2020 2351D
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Jack Doub Grey/Greystone
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2021, 10:26:07 am »
Glad to hear it. We were wondering about your situation, but were afraid of inquiring, like possibly adding salt to the wound. Glad it finally worked out for you and look forward to Spearfish.
Jack is what we call our PC 2351D, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it. We're no longer Team Bob. Just Jack the RV!

2 Frazzled

• View Profile
    • Spirit of the Woods
  • PurchDate: May 2013
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 08:35:03 am »
Ron, any part swapping would void our warranty. We checked with Sharp after the second broken oven/fan housing. We asked if they could just ship a new fan module and we'd swap it in (remove casing, unplug old fan module, plug in new one, put metal casing back on.) They said yes, we could do it but warranty would be voided since we're not authorized repair reps. So we went with the third replacement oven. We don't want to risk hidden damage. They are three for three on obvious damage. Who knows what's inside. She does seem to be working just fine.
John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Travel Blog: Spiritofthewoods.net

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 01:24:27 am »
Ron, any part swapping would void our warranty. We checked with Sharp after the second broken oven/fan housing. We asked if they could just ship a new fan module and we'd swap it in (remove casing, unplug old fan module, plug in new one, put metal casing back on.) They said yes, we could do it but warranty would be voided since we're not authorized repair reps. So we went with the third replacement oven. We don't want to risk hidden damage. They are three for three on obvious damage. Who knows what's inside. She does seem to be working just fine.
Ah, I get that!
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer