• NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 3/16
  • Model: 2910
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: cream
  • ExtColor: brown
best way to wash a rv
« on: December 29, 2020, 10:26:28 am »
My rv is stored inside, but still gets dirty. I have cleaned in the past using a carwash brush on a handle. I don't feel safe standing on the roof, so I use a ladder and the brush, still a lot of work for a fat old guy. Is power washing a good option. This rv is the best thing I have ever owned and want to take care on it. Thanks for any help.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
Re: best way to wash a rv
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 12:19:40 pm »
I would NOT use a pressure washer. It will most likely force water into areas that you do not want it.

You state you have inside storage, I would be using a lightweight cover. That way it will stay cleaner.

When I had to install covers on trailers, I used an extendable rod, like painters use. 12' long, and I put a tennis ball on the end. Made lifting the cover over, and manipulating it an easy ground-only task. 
""You want to save money on travel, drive a Prius and stay at motel 6""  Forum Member Joseph

WORD.

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 06:49:18 pm »
Best way:  Get your kids to do it..........

Never use a pressure washer!!  That can peel the decals off or other bad things.

I use an extendable soft brush and a hose with a bucket of soapy water.  Walking the roof isn't as scary as it seems but a ladder is usually safer.

faiello

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 08/2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Graystone/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 07:59:29 pm »
2 to 3 times a year I use a foam cannon with an electric pressure washer to apply the wash & wax foam, let it sit for 10 -15 minutes, use a soft car wash brush on a pole, rinse with the pressure washer at a low pressure, then dry with a large microfiber towel. The products I use are from Slick. For a quick wash I go with a hose and bucket, car wash brush, I use Nu Finish car wash then dry with my microfiber towel. I clean my awning and slide topper with Simply Green.
Frank & Beth

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 01:05:43 am »
I wash our full-body-paint PC only after a long trip.  My biggest challenge is dealing with bug juice, most especially in difficult-to-reach places.

I do get on the roof using a 10 foot step ladder.  I hand wash with an automotive sponge-mop like thing.  I have tried pole washing, but am disappointed with the results because I cannot scrub when called for.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Hickory/ Beige
  • ExtColor: Custom Ford colors- dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 01:09:19 pm »
Try this car duster:

https://www.calcarcover.com/product/the-original-california-car-duster-wood-handle/827

I use it every 2 weeks in between washes. The handle is long enough to reach the top.

For washing ditto on the bucket and a telescoping pass thru brush, not connected to the hose. Rinse before and after with an adjustable spray nozzle like this. The handle conveniently hooks onto the roof rack or ladder  when climbing up top :

https://www.bulbhead.com/products/mighty-blaster-1
Goin' where the wind goes...