• OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: Dec 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • Slide: Yes
Stereo fm antenna
« on: August 27, 2020, 09:15:14 am »
Factory Samsung dvd/cd/fm.  Station selection very weak.  At the same location, the car and truck radios work pretty good.  What kind of fm antenna did PC use?  The wire from the back of the unit goes up in the ceiling, so can’t see what is up there?  Looking to buy a booster but can’t see one that matches up to the back plug on the Samsung unit. Ideas?  Searches only find what looks like a “cord” with a plastic loop on the end used to screw and hold cord up.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 09:24:24 am by Tarnold »

donc13

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
Re: Stereo fm antenna
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 12:57:09 pm »
This is the type of connector used in the auto industry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_connector

But for home type systems, many use an F connector

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_connector

Look in your manual (should be available online at Samsung) to see what your particular model uses and where it is.   For while parked at a campground, something like that looped cord should be fine.

Having used FM boosters in the long ago past... They aren't worth the money.   Especially in a moving vehicle.

---
Don and Patti

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 02:35:53 pm »
I have attempted to use two or three different antennas to enhance FM reception and to no avail.  One place we boondock is only thirty miles to the NPR station and we can't get it at all with any of the antenna tries.   We can get it on my "camping radio", an old Hitachi "transistor" analog radio my dad had for years that runs on four C cells.  My dad died seventeen years ago, so it must me over 30 years old and still will drag in the stations the PC FM won't get.  And there are all the stations you could want at the same location using the Ford radio.   I just concluded after a few years of trying different things to make it work that it just wasn't worth the effort.   Our PC is a 2013. 

catsaplenty

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Sand
  • ExtColor: Full body paint, mostly silver - lower gray. No decals. No swirls
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 12:43:54 pm »
I have a 2017 and have the same lack of reception.  When I got my NOAA radio, I got one that also did AM/FM.  I just use the installed unit for CD/DVD.  One one think it was hooked to an antenna that could do better, but ....