• PurchDate: Aug, 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Hickory
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: 2019 E 450 dome lights
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 04:04:10 pm »
Here is the answer to your dome light question.  There is a switch at the dome lights that will turn them off so when you open the door they will not turn on.  If you leave that switch in the on position and so when the door opens they come on then you can do this.  Let the courtesy light timer wind down so the lights turn off while you are sitting in the drivers seat, then reach down with your left hand and rotate the dash dimmer switch all the way up until you feel it click and look at your dome lights, they are on.  The confusion is because the on off switch between the dome lights.

The switch below the radio is for the starting battery or coach batteries, so when your parked you can listen to the radio off of your house batteries. This was spec'd by the original owner of my PC and then adopted for follow on coaches I believe, so late in 2017 I believe it became standard... 

Hope that helps and happy travels! 

DKCruzser

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: September 2018
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: toast
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 10:34:59 am »
This is why I appreciate the forum..... I have been trying to understand how to use the dome lights for the past couple of years.  Now I know....... how to control the dome light using the dimmer switch when the courtesy lights go off....

thanks again,,,

dave and karen
2017 -2910D

Grandpa17

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: September 2020
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2351D 2020
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2020, 08:01:35 am »
Here is the answer to your dome light question.  There is a switch at the dome lights that will turn them off so when you open the door they will not turn on.  If you leave that switch in the on position and so when the door opens they come on then you can do this.  Let the courtesy light timer wind down so the lights turn off while you are sitting in the drivers seat, then reach down with your left hand and rotate the dash dimmer switch all the way up until you feel it click and look at your dome lights, they are on.  The confusion is because the on off switch between the dome lights.

The switch below the radio is for the starting battery or coach batteries, so when your parked you can listen to the radio off of your house batteries. This was spec'd by the original owner of my PC and then adopted for follow on coaches I believe, so late in 2017 I believe it became standard... 

Hope that helps and happy travels!

Awesome!  Hadnít thought of that.  Makes sense now. Agree, this is what makes the forum so great!