• OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: Dec 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2014
  • Slide: Yes
City water hookup
« on: December 15, 2019, 09:28:54 am »
Starting to find things that I should have asked at purchase.  On the city water connection, there is a white 5 star plastic knob with a black plastic threaded pipe sticking out.  The threads appear to fit the end of a garden hose.   BUT there is a ďplugĒ or something on the end of the nipple whereby if a hose was connected water would not enter the coach.  The white part will rotate but I donít want to twist it too much.  I donít want to start digging at the blockage with a tool until someone tells me of its purpose.  Every thing about this unit is different from my chinook.  Iím usually one who gives tech talks at our rallyís but this one has got me.

Tarnold

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: Dec 2019
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2014
Re: City water hookup
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 11:02:51 am »
Ok, figured it out.  That black threaded nib I mentioned is what is left of some fitted plug that screwed into the white star knob. 
More Qís to come.

donc13

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 11:10:14 am »
Ok, figured it out.  That black threaded nib I mentioned is what is left of some fitted plug that screwed into the white star knob. 
More Qís to come.

Sounds like that black nib was just a plug to cover the water entry when a hose isn't attached.

Most water inlets have a rubber cover attached to them to keep dirt out when not hooked up.

Obviously just a guess, but suspect the prior owner replaced that rubber cap with the black nib.

---
Don and Patti

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 09:28:02 pm »
suspect the prior owner replaced that rubber cap with the black nib.
It's getting close in time for me to do that too.  Our 12+ year old white rubber plug is getting brittle, soon unable to do it's job.  And it's not so white anymore either.....kind of germ-ie looking.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer