• PurchDate: 9/1/2018
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Sand
  • ExtColor: White/Bronze Lower
Thermostat Replacement
« on: November 12, 2019, 10:16:09 am »
Anyone know if replacing the stock Dometic thermostat in my 2011 2551 with a Dometic 3316250.012 model is a direct retrofit or will a new control board swap be required?

(Cool/Furnace/Heat Strip)

donc13

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 03/2015
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
  • ExtColor: White/Nightscape
Re: Thermostat Replacement
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 03:10:34 pm »
Call Dometic, they will know.
---
Don and Patti

Engineerlt

Re: Thermostat Replacement
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 04:18:10 pm »
This is what I can tell you about the touch sensitive thermostat. It uses the control board in the ac to operate.  The relays and logic are located on that board, without it, its useless. I just pulled mine out, as it only operated the heater and the relay was having issues.  The reason it only operated the heater was because my coach has the Houghton Belaire AC which can only be controlled with the remote and limited functionality on the touch controls at the air distribution box. This coach had the Dometic unit originally but the previous owner upgraded. Advanced RV did the work and retained the board and thermostat keeping that nice feature of the touch control.  Well I just went to a mechanical thermostat for the heater instead of getting a new board. I guess I could have changed the relay.  Here is a picture of the board T-Stat and the plastic box that Advanced used to put the card in after removing it from the old AC.