• NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
Re: PC news from Tampa
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 02:39:33 pm »
The 2400 has the water tank and water heater against the rear wall, all of that weight is as far to the rear as you can get. The rear of my 2400 weighs 8350 lbs. so I'm with in the 8500 lb max but it sags a little because the weight is so far back. I really like my floor plan.
 I only drag when I have to use a steep driveway or hump, I think with a little lift in the back that could be eliminated. The new ones are being built on the E450, that should solve the problem.
 I had the same feelings about Lazy Daze, I didn't want to pick it up in the L.A. area, and I didn't want to wait a year for it to get built.

Lynn

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 08:31:03 pm »
The 2400 has the water tank and water heater against the rear wall, all of that weight is as far to the rear as you can get. The rear of my 2400 weighs 8350 lbs. so I'm with in the 8500 lb max but it sags a little because the weight is so far back.
   Lynn
Our 2007 E350 chassis supporting our 2350, we have a similar rear-sag condition.  There are 3 main changes that make a current 2350 different.
1) Ford increased the chassis weight rating in 2008 that applies to this day.
2) Phoenix relocated the fresh water tank from the rear bumper where ours is, to a more forward and centered position.
3) As of late Phoenix builds the 2350 on the E450 chassis.

If the slight rear sag when loaded was an issue for me, I would consider installing one additional leaf spring per rear corner to get the extra lift.  But it would come at an increased height (a concern with our garage door) along with a rougher ride.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:45:58 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

rvrunner

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 4, 2018
  • Model: 2400 Ford
  • IntColor: toast
  • ExtColor: nightscape
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 09:47:18 pm »
I take some blame for not getting the E450. I called PC after I ordered and asked if I should get the E450 over the E350. I was told the 2400 should be fine on the E350 but it was my call. The E450 was 1800 dollars more and would ride stiffer. The roads where I go are very rough in a lot of places so I went with the E350, then 2 or 3 months after I bought PC made the announcement that all PCs except the 2100 would come standard with the E450. This is where the lack of communication comes in.

Lynn

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • IntColor: Hickory/ Beige
  • ExtColor: Custom Ford colors- dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 10:50:40 pm »
Firestone Ride Rite air springs at 40 psi FTW 2o2
Goin' where the wind goes...

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 11:07:25 am »
Regarding model 2350 on the E350 chassis or E450 chassis, I have wondered about this deviation.  There are surely pros and cons to each.

Both the E350 and E450 version use the Ford standard 158" wheel base.  The Sprinter version utilizes their standard 170" wheel base.  I wonder if special ordering the E350 version with Sprinter's 170" wheel base would eliminate the rear end sag by shifting more weight forward where it is actually needed.  The E350/2350 front tires could surely handle more weight.  My front tires are lightly loaded which added to my original drunken sailor handling problem.

If the 2350 floor plan can accommodate the Ford standard 176" wheel base, then it would cost nothing for the deviation by simply ordering that version to start with.  I think the problem with the 176" will be with the left rear wheel well.  It might create a 2" hump in the bathroom by the door.  You could raise the entire bathroom floor 2" with exception to the shower pan.  That just might work.  But head room is always a factor, and having any kind of step is never appealing.

I also wonder if the 176" wheel base would place too much weight on the front steering tires.  The 170" wheel base seems ideal.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:21:12 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Syd and Margo

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 9/11
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Sunlit
  • ExtColor: Sunlit
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 04:39:08 pm »
Back to Campers Inn sales people at Tampa Show.  I believe that Phoenix Cruiser is required by law to have a Florida state RV Dealer handle their sales when selling at the RV Show.
They do the same at other RV Shows. There will be around 30 or 40 Phoenix Cruisers available to look at the upcoming Reunion in Charleston, South Carolina. Reunion runs from Sept 30 thru Oct. 4 at James Island County Park in Charleston.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2019, 08:51:24 am »
The 2400 has the water tank and water heater against the rear wall, all of that weight is as far to the rear as you can get. The rear of my 2400 weighs 8350 lbs. so I'm with in the 8500 lb max but it sags a little because the weight is so far back. I really like my floor plan.
 I only drag when I have to use a steep driveway or hump, I think with a little lift in the back that could be eliminated. The new ones are being built on the E450, that should solve the problem.
 I had the same feelings about Lazy Daze, I didn't want to pick it up in the L.A. area, and I didn't want to wait a year for it to get built.

Lynn

Thanks for the reply, Lynn!

I have a couple heavy duty metal wheels off a floor jack I was going to make into 'anti-drag' units on either side of the hitch just for the steep driveway problem, though *so far* I have been able to approach them at a diagonal to minimize the problem.

Mine has the water heater in the middle on the right side, which does help.

YES, back to the topic..

Back to Campers Inn sales people at Tampa Show.  I believe that Phoenix Cruiser is required by law to have a Florida state RV Dealer handle their sales when selling at the RV Show.
They do the same at other RV Shows. There will be around 30 or 40 Phoenix Cruisers available to look at the upcoming Reunion in Charleston, South Carolina. Reunion runs from Sept 30 thru Oct. 4 at James Island County Park in Charleston.
""You want to save money on travel, drive a Prius and stay at motel 6""  Forum Member Joseph

WORD.

ExStarlifter

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2018
  • Model: 2910
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Sandstone
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 08:36:36 am »
Unfortunately, we are having to sell our brand new 2018 2910D with only 1850 miles on it.  So, I got a call from a couple (who had attended show) about my unit - they had seen a new model: 2910E which featured an entertainment center in the 2910T dinette location.  It had a 53" TV, sound bar and some other items and no Euro chairs. Guess they might have purchased it as they didn't call back.

RonJ

• Ron & Pilar
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: 10/2020
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2020
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Greystone/Custom
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 11:18:29 am »
Unfortunately, we are having to sell our brand new 2018 2910D with only 1850 miles on it.  So, I got a call from a couple (who had attended show) about my unit - they had seen a new model: 2910E which featured an entertainment center in the 2910T dinette location.  It had a 53" TV, sound bar and some other items and no Euro chairs. Guess they might have purchased it as they didn't call back.

When we were at the Hershey show September 2018, Stacy (PC Sales Associate) told us they were working on the 2910T model.  I like the idea of the TV being in front of the couch instead of to the left, but not sure I need (or want) such a large TV just a few feet away.  I'm sorry you're having to sell your rig.  The timing isn't right for us, or I would seriously consider it.  I went to RVTrader.com and saw the photos.  It's beautiful.
RonJ

ExStarlifter

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2018
  • Model: 2910
  • IntColor: Toast
  • ExtColor: Sandstone
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 11:43:29 am »
Thanks Ron - it is beautiful (at least to us anyway!) and lives in a covered, climate controlled storage facility which keeps it looking new all the time!  A local man realized there was a market for indoor RV storage and
purchased an abandoned distribution warehouse.  It is now full of high-end RVs and offers electricity and heating if the temp drops below 38 deg.  Wish I was smart enough to recognize the investment potential.
I have been disappointed in the lack of interest although it is JAN and if you buy one now, it might just have to sit around.  Someone out there is going to get a beautiful, nearly new coach!

Denny & Barb

• Medicine Bow, Wy.
    • View Profile
    • Weather at my home
  • PurchDate: 4-08-2012
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: cafe
  • ExtColor: cafe
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2019, 10:11:15 pm »
Yes, yes to all of the above !!!   
We defected recently, last april, to a Winni Intrigue.  Nice class A design that we were looking for. 
BUT, quality, was not what we expected.
Re-calls (2) had to be dealled with.
quality control on such things a plain old CABINETS, tells me they never had cabinets in their MH's before!  Meaning they were not built to withstand MH roads!
I had to rebuild the miter corners and refasten the cabinets sides with proper supports. (I'm a cabinet woodworker)
Fresh water tanks are not plumbed correctly. Story of itself. Can't believe REAL engineers would design such a WRONG  setup!  I had to do a "work around" for that.
And then talking to a service man about RV's, who worked as one of their repair men. He said.... cabinets and stuff are all farmed out .  Don't blame them... they have
no idea where their product is going when they do the work for their customer.   Everything he said has to do with COST!    AMEN...   Kinda like our country at pressent?
Your Word our Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119