• PurchDate: 3/20
  • Model: 2351
  • ModelYear: 2020 2351D
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Greystone
  • ExtColor: Jack Doub Grey/Greystone
ATT Mobley plan
« on: December 22, 2018, 11:18:47 am »
I just found that ATT is again offering it's Mobley plan for unlimited data for $20.00 a month. Their web site says 22gb per line per month then might slow if tower usage is high. They offer a Harman Spark for $79.00 or $19.99 a month as the hot spot.
I'm not fond of it plugging into the OBD-II port and reading diagnostics, etc. It seems to have a load of other features that I really don't feel I need or want, but that sounds reasonable for data streaming. Any thoughts or opinions?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 11:21:30 am by garmp »
Jack is what we call our PC 2351D, and he has taken us from campers to RV'ers and loving it. We're no longer Team Bob. Just Jack the RV!

bftownes

• View Profile
    • The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: September 27, 2018
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2019
  • IntColor: Desert Sand
  • ExtColor: Toast
Re: ATT Mobley plan
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 11:42:23 am »
I had heard that ATT discontinued the plan.  Glad to see it's back.  I went with the FMCA plan offered thru Verizon.  It says "unlimited", but FMCA makes it clear that it is throttled after 25gigs.  I hit the 25 gig mark and it became excruciatingly slow.  I am now using my ATT iPhone as a hot spot.  The FMCA plan is under 50 bucks. 

Cheers  :)(:
Merry Christmas to all and Happy Holidays

Barry T

catsaplenty

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 3/17
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Sand
  • ExtColor: Full body paint, mostly silver - lower gray. No decals. No swirls
Re: ATT Mobley plan
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 10:19:43 am »
If I am understanding you Garmp, I went on Amazon and bought an adapter that allows me to plug the Mobley into a regular outlet. Keeps from pulling on the battery.

You also then need to go into the Mobley settings to say always on instead of 2 hours.  It is useful to pull the plug and restart it each day or if things are a little off.

The kind of places I stay, the slow I see seems to be more about trying to connect to AT&T.  I don't try to stream movies or anything on the Mobley but have found it to be fine for what I need.