Hello Guest!

selling a phoenix cruiser

• 7 Replies

tc2802@comcast.net

selling a phoenix cruiser
« on: October 23, 2018, 12:42:18 pm »
I am very surprised how hard it is to sell a Phoenix Cruiser. Maybe it's the price.The biggest thing, I think, is nobody knows what a pc is. When we travel people are always telling us what a good looking RV we have and asking if they can look inside, then they ask where the dealer is because they have never seen one before, you tell them there is no dealer and you have to buy from the factory.This scares them because of possible trouble with the RV and so where do you take it for repair? I put it on Craigslist and  out of the thousands of RV's, there where only two. If anyone knows of other reasons they won't sell please let me know.  I have a very nice 2016 2552 with only 16000 mi on it, like new. I have been trying to sell it now for three months and no calls.

Thanks   Thomas

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: selling a phoenix cruiser
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 12:57:00 pm »
Hi Thomas,

I would think you'd have no problem selling it being a highly sought-after model.  I would advertise on RV Trader as well as Craigslist.  Also advertise on Craigslist in other major cities around the USA.

One thing critical.  "Pictures Sell".  Take out all your personal stuff.  Clean it up to look like brand new, and then take many GOOD QUALITY pictures, paying close attention to lighting.  An overcast day is best.  You can post as many as 24 pictures on CL.  Any personal items included should be all seen out of the rig in one separate picture.   Also you should provide lots of details in bullet line items.  You can't write too much.  Your ad should be "detailed" for older folk.  And they are the people with money to buy with cash.  One picture should include you and your spouse to show who you are.  Older people like to read that the rig was never smoked in, and never had pets because many people deal with allergies.  Things  like "Not A Scratch" "Like Brand New" "Never In An Accident" "Clean Carfax" all help to sell.  You want your audience to have a good feeling reading about your rig and even a bit about you and why you are selling it.  Make it a bit personal without exposing yourself.

Your ad HERE could be improved upon.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:43:14 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

CalCruiser

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: November 2015
  • ModelYear: 2003
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Hickory/ Beige
  • ExtColor: Custom Ford colors- dark shadow grey & blue jeans metallic
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 02:25:30 pm »
Also try RVT.com

As Ron said, with Craigslist you  are limiting yourself to local buyers unless they do a nationwide search.
Goin' where the wind goes...

Rich and Kay

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: June 2011
  • Model: 2700
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Cherry finish
  • ExtColor: Brown
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 10:23:49 am »
We've got a 2011, 27 ft unit for sale as well and have turned it over to a broker up here in Michigan. He has it priced very competitive, used the RV Kelly type book to get a price. He is listed  it below the suggested price. Looking to trade up ? give uis a call 810-227-5666

Doneworking

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: September 2013
  • ModelYear: 2013
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 08:50:13 pm »
One consideration is this is not the best time of year to sell any rv.  The next several months are simply not rv friendly in many parts of the US and all of Canada.   Spring is a much better time than fall.

Many including myself have had good luck dealing with PPL Motorhomes in Houston.   Now, that is a long way from your home in Florida but you can handle most of the transaction online and on the phone.   These folks move over 200 rvs a month and  they are consignment dealers.   Very professional outfit in my dealings with them.   

Two Hams in a Can

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: December 20, 2016
  • Model: 2400 Sprinter
  • ModelYear: 2012 PC 2400 Sprinter
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Rust
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 11:07:14 am »
When we sold our Casita trailer to get ready to buy our PC, my wife put this together using a Microsoft movie maker program.  We put the You Tube on RV Trader, RVUSA, Escapees forum, and a Casita forum.  We sold the trailer in less than 48 hours with a 5 person alternate waiting list in case the first buyer didn't come through.  You might try doing something similar. . .just a thought. . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhenTUwKGA4    :)(:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:08:46 am by Two Hams in a Can »
Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 01:07:54 pm »
When we sold our Casita trailer to get ready to buy our PC, my wife put this together using a Microsoft movie maker program.  We put the You Tube on RV Trader, RVUSA, Escapees forum, and a Casita forum.  We sold the trailer in less than 48 hours with a 5 person alternate waiting list in case the first buyer didn't come through.  You might try doing something similar. . .just a thought. . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhenTUwKGA4    :)(:
Now that's going the extra step, adding the notation "into" each picture.  Like I said before, pictures and notation sells the item.

I can see why you bought a 2400, bumping up from that sweet tiny trailer.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:10:47 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Joseph

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/7/2015
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • IntColor: Tan/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Gray / White
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 05:21:43 pm »
When I bought mine (from a dealer) it had 19,000 miles on it. I called Earl at Pc and told him the price I had negotiated prior to flying up and signing for it. Earl told me the price I negotiated was 10 grand under wholesale book. I bought it wondering if I could have done better. After all motorhomes are nothing more than mobile homes with a motor.

On our trip this summer covering 6,000 miles I must have seen hundreds of used TT, 5th wheels and MHs for sale not counting dealers that seemed to be dang near as abundant as Starbucks. At the storage facility I use there are several MHs for sale that have been listed for over a year. A couple that I thought were beyond reasonable. There are so many models, sizes etc for sale that unless its a great deal people move on. I did. Much like every boat I owned.