Hello Guest!

CPAP Shelf?

• 6 Replies

Pejibaye

CPAP Shelf?
« on: October 01, 2017, 07:54:28 am »
We are in the process of buying a 2551 and going to the factory next week.  (Whoopee!) We've been reading through all the Tips and Tricks and other ideas, but haven't found an answer to our question.  My husband uses a CPAP machine, and will be sleeping in the longer (passenger side) bed.  He will need to plug in the machine and would like to be able to reach it to turn on and off without getting out of bed.  Putting it on the floor is tricky, since I do get out of bed at night to visit the bathroom.  Putting a shelf over the head of the bed seems like an invitation to whacking his head every time he sits up.  Any suggestions for things we could ask Earl?

Any other suggestions for newbies who are buying their first PC?

Frank

• CHEERS 2008 2551 (Yooper Kermit)
    • View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: April 2012
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: green
  • ExtColor: green
Re: CPAP Shelf?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 10:09:42 am »

We had a sliding shelf installed under each cabinet at the foot
of the bed. Should work for you.
Frank & Dee  CHEERS!!

TomHanlon

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 11:10:30 am »
you can put it over the head of the bed, just make it higher up then the head watcher. I put shelves over our head and have never watched my head. I am 6 tall.

Talk to Earl about what you need. I am sure he has addressed this before.

jwg1199

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: July 2017
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Desert Tan
  • ExtColor: Desert Tan
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 04:34:42 pm »
Our PC 2552 is almost complete. I just put plugs (110,12v Car Charger, USB) in the cabinets (both sides) above our heads (wall next to bath). I have a 12 volt cord for my Cpap but if I get a new one and it does have a 12 volt option I will have the 110 outlet there
My Cpap will set in the cabinet out of way when not in use. Hose will just come down to my face. USB outlets will charge Phones, Ipads while we sleep accessible but out of the way. Thats how we did it. We will see once we get the coach how it works.

22 days but who counting lol

Best of luck.

John

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 10:58:38 pm »
We had them install a shelf above the bed in our 2552 for tablets and phones with USB chargers.  It is only about 6" deep so you would need to have them build yours to fit the CPAP machine but there is room.  They did not install our shelf until we picked up the rig, had me lay on the bed and then sit up and tell them exactly where I wanted the shelf.

HenryJ

• All ready for the road
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: April 16 del Jul 24,16
  • Model: 2910
  • ModelYear: 2016 / 2910T
  • IntColor: Hickory (light)
  • ExtColor: graystone
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 04:37:23 pm »
They have those available. I have 2 shelves... The one we had installed is a little short for the machine Jim used at the time which was a BiPap. In 16 the price was $40. Installed . This year we had a matching one installed for my side of bed for phone, tissues water bottle. It was identical and must have been in stock there was no delay in getting it installed. Looked identical. Matched the cabinet work and last years shelf perfectly.  I also had an elec outlet installed on JIMS side of the bed for his  machine to plug into. Now we use it for oxygen machine. And Jim made the stand to bring it up where it should be next to the bed. The floor is uneven so instead of putting a plastic bin and a step stool on top he measured and built one from his plastic stock. And replacing the never used cutting board was done too. But I did not tell you. Just to clarify we have a queen size bed in slide with the 2910T and  big window over the head of the bed. So his unit is under the cabinet against the wall  in corner and not a head knocker. elec  plug is on the main coach wall and not the slide. For travel we let it sit on the bed. Worked well.  We had 4 plugs installed
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:49:35 pm by HenryJ »
Patricia
A new day has dawned now only traveling with Miss Elle . Jim will be watching over us.

KB9OMH

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 3/26/13
  • Model: 3100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Maple
  • ExtColor: Sterling
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 07:41:39 pm »
We Have the PC 3100 with twin beds, in the cabinet over the bed we had a 110 v plug and it hooked up to the inverter for when ever no power. We also had a hole cut into the bottom of the cabinet for the hose to run through. The only thing we didn't do was add and 110 v outlet n the wife side for her electric blanket. Good luck with your new unit, we love our 2013

Jim & Rae Anne