• NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 10-31-16
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2351----2015
  • Slide: Yes
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
Tv install bedroom 2351
« on: December 10, 2016, 07:13:29 pm »
I need advice and suggestions on installing the second tv for bedroom on the pre-wired shirt closet of the 2351.  There is a double wall but material appears to be quite thin although feels stout enough to support 7 to 10 pound tv including the wall Hangar.  Also need to have downward tilt for viewing from bed.  My request is what kind of Mount and the best way to secure it to the wall for security.  I am more than a little concerned about cutting hole in wall to connect wiring inside closet to tv.  I would appreciate any suggestion for model of tv to look for as well as the mount...including pictures if possible.

Thanks, Larry

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Tv install bedroom 2351
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 11:09:10 pm »
Hi Larry,

I got your direct email and responded with pictures covering how I mounted our 19" TV/DVD combo on our bedroom shirt closet wall.

Ron
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:13:29 am »
Here is a picture of how PC installed a 19" flatscreen in my 2552.

Note they used a piano hinge attached to the board that the TV mounted. They drilled some holes in the board to get the cables to the connections. There is no problem drilling through the wall of the shirt closet double wall with a hole saw.

If I did it again I would mount a 24" TV. It never need to go back against the wall so there is plenty of room. I like the fact that you can actually rotate the TV to face forward in the RV, since I never installed a front TV. 90% of the time we watch the TV we are sitting up in the bed.

John

swiftboot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:36:21 pm »
Thanks to Ron D and Keel.  I have determined that the horizontal cabinet over bed would give a stiffening of the double wall especially where the top of the mount would be placed.   I do believe a 19" tv would be adequate for viewing from the bed, however a larger tv on the hinged door for viewing elsewhere in the 2552 would be advantageous in that size unit.  I gather the three RCA cables installed by the Factory are to view dvd's in the player?  I further assume the antenna receptacle in the shirt closet connects to the antenna on the roof?  If in error please advise.

Larry

keelhauler

• View Profile
    • Our RV Page
  • PurchDate: 05/2012
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • IntColor: Sunlit Maple
  • ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 08:58:04 am »
The coax outlet in the closet connects to both the outside connector and the antenna. When using antenna push the little switch, red light comes on, and scan for channels. Off for outdoor outlet.

Warning do not leave this amplifier on unless you are plugged into 110v power. It uses 12v DC which will run your batteries down.

John

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 09:26:36 am »
I gather the three RCA cables installed by the Factory are to view dvd's in the player?  I further assume the antenna receptacle in the shirt closet connects to the antenna on the roof?  If in error please advise.

Larry
Larry, I might be misunderstanding you but here goes.

The only connections inside the shirt closet is a duplex 110V outlet and a coax connection for the roof antenna & CATV.  There are no red/white/yellow, or HDMI connections in the cabinet.  BUT....maybe Phoenix is doing something different for 2017.  It is best to ask Earl.
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

swiftboot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 11:03:00 am »
Ron, You understand correctly, and answered the question Re: antenna connection.   My unit is a 2015 and in addition to what you described, has a one each, red, yellow and white (what I call RCA)  male jacks on approximately 3' long cord that are installed and disappear in the space between the double wall.  I suspect that those would be to connect the factory installed dvd player to the TV mounted on shirt closet. On a different note, since you have the 19" mounted, would you have preferred to have something larger mounted or would it have too much of a "in your face" presentation?

Larry

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 11:44:13 am »
On a different note, since you have the 19" mounted, would you have preferred to have something larger mounted or would it have too much of a "in your face" presentation?

Larry
Hi Larry,

A little bigger screen via a frame-less design would be ideal for us.  I don't think a 24" screen would be in our face.  But a physically bigger TV would make it harder to get into and out from the bed.  As it is, our TV is a bit in our way.  Now that I am typing, you have me questioning the method I used to mount that TV to the shirt closet via the tilting mounting bracket.  Maybe something more flush-mount with small spacers for a tight-to-the-wall but still angled-downward design would improve elbow room for Irene.

Ron Dittmer

Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

swiftboot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 11:46:34 am »
Ron, after measuring the distance from wall to front of shirt closet, a 20" would fit with some overhang.  The problem being that the person next to wall would not be able to see the right side of screen as the curtain and valence would interfere.  The specs on 19" tv indicate a 17-2/5" width.  Placement for both to see clearly would still result in a bit of overhang.  it will be interesting to see what you come up with on the flush mount with spacers for the tilt.

Larry

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 12:33:18 pm »
Larry,

Keep in-mind that our PC is a 2007 model year so there could easily be differences compared to today.

In this picture you can see the side of the TV mounted against the cloth covered box valance.  If I replace the tilting mounting bracket with spacers to set the TV closer to the shirt closet wall, I might be able to set the TV a bit behind the box valance, but not so much that it interferes with viewing the actual TV screen.

Just FYI, Our TV/DVD sticks out beyond the shirt closet, but not beyond the door to it.  It would be great if I can tuck the TV a bit behind the valance and tighter to the closet for improved access to and from the bed for the rare time my wife tries to crawl over me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 12:35:23 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer