Hello Guest!

Stabilizing Dinette Table (Table With Two Poles)

• 0 Replies

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Stabilizing Dinette Table (Table With Two Poles)
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:55:51 am »
I finally got around to a solution with our dinette table with two poles.  Irene and I are both very pleased with the results.

The problem was when one of us leaned on the table, it would tip.  Not a lot, but enough to slosh a drink too much causing a spill.

I mounted a board along the outside wall, added a full-covering strip of soft Velcro over it, and added a tiny piece of mating Velcro to the underside of the table-top.  Now the table is extremely stable.   I cut angled corners to the stabilizer board to eliminate a sharp corner to get hurt on whether setup as a dinette or setup as a bed.

The black Velco strip is the soft portion, 2" wide, rolled over the edge down the side a bit.  It acts as a soft cushion to prevent squeaking and such.
Adding a 2" long piece of mating Velcro on the underside of the table-top is enough to increase stability.
Too much Velcro would make it difficult to remove the table.

Here you can see I counter-sunk the wall-side holes larger to clear the anchor heads.
If not done, the board would not lay flat against the wall.

I bought these wall anchors but had to use extra long screws to pass through the board.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 10:03:52 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer