• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Back-up Sewer Hose Storage
« on: August 20, 2018, 08:55:53 am »
I bought a conventional sewer hose storage tube maybe 6 years ago from Camping World.  I wanted to carry a back-up manual sewer hose in-case our macerator failed during a trip.  I finally got around to mounting it.  Unfortunately our 2007 2350 did not provide a good means to mount the tube in the ideal location with easy access from the dump-side of the rig.  A waste tank hangs some inches low right behind the macerator panel.  I mounted the tube with access from the passenger side instead to mount the tube as high as possible.  The main gas tank hangs lower so I feel I am in good shape.

The RHINO SEWER HOSE KIT fits perfectly inside it.  Walmart sells the Rhino kit in their stores, discounting them in the fall to half price or less.

The tube is fairly out of sight from normal views of the rig.
Trivia Question: See the little hook hanging on the left side?  Why did I add it?

Visually this looks like an interference problem, but the door swings open completely and the hose kit removes just fine.

The tube is mounted right behind the main gas tank as shown.  Mounting the tube high to the frame, I added a self-stick rubber pad in one spot where the round tube contacts the frame, added to prevent abbrasion.  You can barely see the protective pad.
The tube gently presses against the insulation of the waste tank.

The driver side mount, there are OEM holes in the Ford frame that I utilized.  They were perfect.
On the passenger side, I whipped up a pair of straps that worked out great.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:34:36 am by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

TallPine

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 09/2017
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Nightscape
Re: Back-up Sewer Hose Storage
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 01:32:04 pm »
Ron -  good installation, looking to do something similar for our PC.  Is the little hook to hold the mud flap up?  If so for what purpose?

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 02:08:42 pm »
Thanks Ron!  Good job as always.  I have a spare Rhino curled up in my trunk, this looks like a better place for it.  Especially if I ever have to use the Rhino, which so far (knock wood) I have not.

Do you have a link for the storage tube?

fandj

• View Profile
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Nightscape - full body
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:02:39 pm »
I installed a 5” square pvc post cover on a previous trailer.  I stored a Rhino hose and elbow in the tube.  I suppose there are different size hoses and elbows but the Rhino I have requires a 5” square to fit the elbow.

I used post cover caps with hinges to cover the ends of the tube.  I found the tube and covers at Lowes but I am confident they are available at other builders supply or farm supply stores.

Currently I store the hose in the spare tire enclosure but it sure would be easier to access as Ron shows should I have a problem with macerator and need the hose. 

bgolden

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 2008
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • IntColor: Maple/Beige
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 07:51:45 am »
Hi Ron,
I Love the hose storage idea.  Downloaded the pictures and went out to my 08 2350.  Well we have a slight difference between your 07 and my 08.  A draw.  It appears that the hanger is on the bottom of your storage compartment. 07's had a full compartment,  08's have the split compartment with the slide out draw. I'm still looking for away to get around that.  Your idea is still a good way for me to add a hose storage.  I will attack this after the Duluth Rally.        :)(:

As always,  thank you for helping others by solving problems
Bill Golden    :-D
Bill and Karen Golden

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 08:21:58 pm »
Thanks all for your kind replies.

Back from a 3500 mile trip, the storage tube held up perfectly.  It never shifted or otherwise became an issue.  It was invisible to me just like our spare tire.  I hope never to use the hose, but it's nice to have it on-hand.  I suppose that hose would be handy if we stayed in one place with hook-ups, long enough to utilize it for continuous draining purposes.

As far as where I bought it, that was 6 years ago.  I cannot recall where, but I recall it was affordable....or I would have made something instead.  The tube was offered in different pre-defined lengths.  I measured our Rhino kit and ordered the appropriate length.  ExStarlifter Mike said he found my tube at Camping World for $43 with free shipping.  He has bought one and will be installing it.

TallPine figured it out.  That hanging hook is to hold up that mudflap.
I use Lynx leveling blocks.  The mudflaps need to be held up when backing onto the blocks or the tires will ride up on the mudflaps when backing up on the blocks.  The other mudflap does not require a hook because I use the tail pipe to hang it up.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:55:00 pm by Ron Dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

Markgyger

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: 05/2018
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: Tan
  • ExtColor: White/tan
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 12:02:06 pm »
Hello Folks,
My Name is Mark, I am very new to the PC group. My Sewer System is working perfect now but I ever thought about a back-up system. Great idea and clean install. I'm going out to look at my 3100 to see where I can do the same. Thank you for the pics and the article.

RheaNL

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: October 4, 2012
  • Model: 2100
  • ModelYear: 2013
  • IntColor: Dusk
  • ExtColor: Dusk lower
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 10:31:58 pm »
We keep an extra 10 ft. 3" sewer hose in the spare tire compartment.
While traveling home from the reunion we encountered another 2100 owner from Virginia. Delightful couple and I can't find where I put their card so cannot provide a name. I took a photo of his sewer hose storage solution and got permission to post on the form.  So here it is.

Volkemon

• View Profile
  • NewUsed: Used
  • PurchDate: October 31, 2017
  • ModelYear: 2006
  • IntColor: Light Maple
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 10:15:55 am »
We keep an extra 10 ft. 3" sewer hose in the spare tire compartment.

Currently I store the hose in the spare tire enclosure but it sure would be easier to access as Ron shows should I have a problem with macerator and need the hose. 

I thought this was such a good idea, I copied it. To near disaster.

I finally needed the hose, and retrieved it from under the spare tire cover. Worked great!

When we packed to go home, it was the usual "Get the stuff loaded any way possible and GO! So the rinsed hose was 'hooked to itself' and tossed in the trailer.

The spare tire cover is not on my 'punchlist', as we had never taken it off save for storing the hose.   :-[

We got home 300 miles later... and I noticed a gap between the cover and the coach.  :beg  Lifted the cover off with one hand. It was not even latched.  :help 

I am SO SO SO SO SO SO lucky I am not ending this with an account of how much a spare tire replacement cover is. I bet it is in the hundreds of dollars, as it is a multi-mold assembled piece.

I am REALLY liking the under coach storage tube. Thanks Ron!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:17:31 am by Volkemon »
""You want to save money on travel, drive a Prius and stay at motel 6""  Forum Member Joseph

WORD.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 10:20:00 am »
I am REALLY liking the under coach storage tube. Thanks Ron!

:)(:
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer