• PurchDate: 10/17/11
  • Model: 2551
  • ModelYear: 2012
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: Classic Umber
Swivel TV Mount Now Completed
« on: November 14, 2011, 05:12:34 pm »
The TV installation in our new 2551 is now complete but has not yet been road tested.  That will not happen until next month.  Update May 2012 proven to be very road worthy.

I started the installation process by recessing the TV mount 1/2" behind the front bulkhead board.  This was required to provide enough clearance for the two front cabinet doors to open.   The TV and attached mount now sit flush against the bulkhead board.

The next step was to create a small shelf for the TV to rest on when not extended or during travel.  The shelf is made up of 2 pieces of 1X4 pine  glued and cut to fit.  The front lower edge has a 1 1/2" radius and all other edges were softened with sandpaper.  The shelf was covered with matching leather purchased from Phoenix.  The last step was to install 2 'D Rings' on the rear of the shelf.  The 'D Rings' are used to secure the TV during travel.  When not in use they lay flat and are out of sight.  

Overall, I must say the installation went well and we are very pleased with the Vizio TV we purchased.  It has front facing speakers that provide plenty of volume even with the heat strip or A/C running.  Also, the viewing angle on this TV is beyond belief.  You could "almost" view the picture from behind the TV.  Only time will tell if it is able to hold up to the rigors of travel.

I ordered all my cables and wall mounting plates from http://www.monoprice.com.

The TV mount came from http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/flat-panel-lcd-tv-wall-mount-bracket-with-double-swing-arm-extension-137.html.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:44:15 am by Barry-Sue »
Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide

cordylm

Re: Swivel TV Mount Now Completed
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:14:48 pm »
Wow, nice job!

Bob Mahon

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 6/2011
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2011
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
  • ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
Re: Swivel TV Mount Now Completed
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:06:20 pm »
Very nice, indeed.
Kudos.
Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.