Hello Guest!

Ever Wonder What A No-Slide-Out Dinette Looks Like?

• 2 Replies

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Ever Wonder What A No-Slide-Out Dinette Looks Like?
« on: July 13, 2017, 09:18:14 am »
Hi PC Community,

I get this question once in a while so I'm posting the information.
Our PC is a 2007 2350.  CLICK HERE to see many pictures.  Though our PC is a 2007 model year, our no-slide-out arrangement is about the same as a brand new one.  This applies to models 2350, 2351, 2551, 2552, and maybe even some of the longer PCs.

- 71"w x 36"d  our dinette made into a bed
- 81"w x 13"h x 15"d  the overhead cabinet above the dinette
- 88.5"  over-all interior width measured at sink/stove counter-top height from sink wall to dinette wall
- 35.5"  booth width including the padded structure around the cushions
- 28.5"  distance between padded booth structure and the edge of the galley counter top

We ordered our PC with the standard foam cloth cushions shown farther down in the photos website.  We later upgraded to the vinyl cushions with memory foam which is a bit thinner than the standard foam but is much more dense.  The difference is huge for comfort, mobility, and cleanup.  We highly recommend getting the vinyl covered memory foam cushion upgrade.  We thought the cloth would be more comfortable, but that was not the case for us.  The cloth prevented us from shifting our weight when seated and made it very hard to get in and out from the dinette.  We simply slide across on the vinyl cushions today.  The thinner & denser memory foam cushions provide more "comfort room" and is more supporting to my rump.  With the standard foam, if I didn't sit upright, my rump would bottom-out on the plywood beneath.

If special ordering a brand new PC this way, make sure our 2007 information still applies.  I believe most does.  Give the factory the link to this post for them to compare.  The cushions might have changed some.  The base cabinet doors we have are drawers now.  You can request either drawers or doors.  Drawers offer much easier access, having just doors without drawers stores much more.  We also have top access by removing the cushions.  That might be the same today, but maybe not.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:18:44 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

renotse

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 6/29/2017
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2018
  • IntColor: Greystone/Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Greystone retro
Re: Ever Wonder What A No-Slide-Out Dinette Looks Like?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 03:26:44 pm »
I really like the fact that you gain extra height above the booth and more useable length along the driver’s side wall so that your headroom, legroom, and bed length will be increased. The slide margins take up a lot of area. If a person really wants a booth in a 2551/2552 this is a very viable option when compared to slide out on that model.

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
Re: Ever Wonder What A No-Slide-Out Dinette Looks Like?
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 05:15:13 pm »
The slide margins take up a lot of area.
The slide margins is about half of the over-all gain of wall space.  The remainder is gained by utilizing the angled transition wall.  As shown here, the front-most dinette bench is built against that angled wall, but not so much that it interferes with the movement of the driver seat.

If you want a bigger dinette than we have with a bigger table, more leg room, and bigger benches, the no-slide 2351 and 2552 can accommodate, but you'd have to sacrifice the pantry on that wall.  If we were ordering a new 2351 with no slide out, I think we might have considered doing that.  Either that or build the coat closet that much bigger with two doors, an interior wall, and have adjustable shelves inside the additional closet space for interior storage flexibility.  It could be shelved pantry space, space for clothes, or remove the shelves and make it a space for golf clubs and other tall items.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:13:08 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer