• PurchDate: pickup 10/2016
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2016 - 2351 Ford
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Standard Paint
4 Way Water Fill Valve
« on: April 03, 2017, 11:46:36 am »
My 2016 2351 has the new 4 Way Water Distribution Panel and my fill valve was not properly doing its job as intended (hooked up to City position, water would continue into my PC and flow out of the overflow on the passenger side of PC - other camper's will quickly point out the leaking water flow). 
Calling Kermit, he graciously sent me a new assembly with encouragement to replace the old assembly by way of the bottom drawer of my closet on the driver's side, remove the panel behind the drawer and then disconnect the 5-connection of the old assembly, unscrew the assembly on the outside (8 screws) and then simply reverse the process installing the new assembly  :lol
Thankfully that process was not available to me unless I broke down my extended bed so that I could get the drawer out without taking the drawer apart.
The 4 Way Water Distribution Panel is made by Anderson Brass along with many other products and they have an UTube installation of their 200-RV-RK valve, which is done completely on the outside without removing anything other than the valve itself.  Go to Anderson Brass website, go down to "Products" down to "RV Products" and click to the right on "RV Water Service Panels" and you will see the panel that looks much like the new 4 Way Water Distribution Panel that PC used for my 2016.  At the bottom of that page is a "Repair Kit Video" (does not have verbal instruction) for replacing the valve.  Please pay particular attention to the 3 full 360 turns of the set screw.  You may believe that you have turned it enough and it will soon fall out and be lost, but I found in removing the old valve and replacing of the new, that without the set screw more than flush (3 full turns) with the inside of the assembly the old valve could not be removed and the new did not slide far enough in to complete installation.
Anderson Brass uses a distributor for the assembly, Champion Energy 972-228-4341 and you can order the assembly or my suggestion, just the valve (200-RV-RK) at Fitzilla.com.  The assembly is about $90 and the 200-RV-RK is about $30.
Of course if close to under warranty, I expect Kermit will send you a new assembly, much like I received, but consider just removing the 200-RV valve if armed with the suggested Repair Kit video.
Hopefully few will have this issue.     

campergates

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: 05/04/2016
  • ModelYear: 2016
  • Slide: Yes
  • IntColor: sand
  • ExtColor: sand
Re: 4 Way Water Fill Valve
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 04:15:07 pm »
Glad that you were able to fix your problem. My first problem with the valve on my 2016 2351 was when I woke up to find water flowing onto the bathroom floor and another time it came out from under the fridge.  PC replaced the valve.  Then the new one malfunctioned as yours did by filling the holding tank. I got fed up with it and elected to have PC close off the valve so that I will be filling the holding tank using the fill on the passenger side. 

Polish Prince

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: February 2016, Delivery August 2016
  • ModelYear: 2016 - 2351 on a 450 chassis
  • IntColor: Desert Sand, with ultra leather and carpet toast
  • ExtColor: Greystone
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 07:20:52 pm »
Seems like a common problem with the valve.  I just had mine replaced on my 2016 2351 in Elkhart last month.  I hope the new one is better than the old.  I had leaking issues from the valve and the same water problem inside the unit.
George & Jill Budzynski, Birchbark Farm

jatrax

• John and Carrie
    • View Profile
    • Zigzag Mountain Art
  • PurchDate: November 2016
  • Model: 2552
  • ModelYear: 2017
  • IntColor: Graystone
  • ExtColor: Graystone
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 07:33:08 pm »
Just some links with additional information on this issue.  Seems it is not just a problem with Phoenix.  Also noted in there someplace that the design was changed because of problems. 

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f29/anderson-rv-200-kantleak-water-valve-leak-2832.html
http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?/topic/117389-anderson-200rv-four-way-water-input-valve/
http://www.fitzilla.com/Store/page188.html

Pax

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 05:12:51 am »
Just curious if those that have had this problem use a pressure regulator at the campsite water supply?

- Mike

RKS

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: 1/2016
  • Model: 2552
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 03:36:05 pm »
Yes we always use a regulator as well as turning off the water and reducing pressure prior to moving the valve.
The interesting thing is when it does leak I find turning the water off and rotating the valve will often get it working properly again. That is the situation now, leaking one day last week and is working now. Hopefully have not jinxed it by saying so.
Have my third one sitting at home and will swap out when we return.
Bob
Bob and Michele
Previously owned a 2350 Sprinter

JOHN

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: No
  • PurchDate: pickup 10/2016
  • ModelYear: 2016 - 2351 Ford
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Nightscape
  • ExtColor: Standard Paint
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 09:14:59 am »
I am glad to see that few people have reported the problem and not surprised that PC fixed any that were brought back as warranty items.  I was just glad being in Texas that there was a easy method to just replace the valve.
RKS and PAX are correct to "always use a regulator" as looking at the exposed valve not to hard to imagine how the O-rings could be blown and no longer provide the sealing as designed for the 4 Way options.

Als3rdhand

• Picking up our new RV.....:-)
    • View Profile
  • PurchDate: Sept. 2015
  • Model: 3100
  • IntColor: Cherry
  • ExtColor: White/light brown
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 07:24:43 pm »
 wavecow wavecow kumbaya y-- y--
Glad that you were able to fix your problem. My first problem with the valve on my 2016 2351 was when I woke up to find water flowing onto the bathroom floor and another time it came out from under the fridge.  PC replaced the valve.  Then the new one malfunctioned as yours did by filling the holding tank. I got fed up with it and elected to have PC close off the valve so that I will be filling the holding tank using the fill on the passenger side. 
Rigby & Dooda - Both Newly Retired Jan, 2016