• PurchDate: June 2007
  • Model: 2350 Ford
  • ModelYear: 2007
  • Slide: No
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
If Struggling With Your 2350 Rear Corner Bed, Consider This
« on: February 04, 2014, 01:04:45 pm »
I was sharing this with someone who just bought a 2350 and thought I'd post it for all.

When we first got our 2350 in 2007, my wife went out and bought a memory foam mattress topper, a quality thick mattress pad, and a down-filled comforter, all to make the bed nicer.  We had that arraingement for 6 years.

Last year August 2013, just as we were ready to leave on a 4 week trip, while making up the bed, we seen that the foam topper got funny, like a chemical break-down had occurred.  It had discolored the quality mattress pad under it.  We also learned that our down filling in the comforter had thinned out and bunched up funny.  So it all had to get quickly replaced.  Because we were leaving that day, we ran out and bought a simple no frills bed spread/comforter, and threw on an old thin twin mattress pad we had at home.  We did not add a foam topper.  Then we were off.

Our first night in a simple no frills bed, was our best night ever in our 2350.  Getting in and out from the bed was easy, and sleeping & repositioning went smooth without the restrictions from all the fluff.

The lesson learned here was.... All that extra fluff made the bed swallow us up and tie us down, restricting our movements.  Little did we know that it is best to keep the bedding simple.  Put on a cheap generic twin size mattress pad, a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, a blanket, and if getting cold, add the plain simple bed spread.  Don't get fancy.

100% cotton flannel sheets worked best for us.  We bought a full size set and shrunk the heck out of them with a hot wash and a hot tumble dry.  Flannel shrinks a lot so it fits quite well over the odd shape of the mattress.  The soft flannel is also very comfortable yet still unrestrictive.  But if you sleep exceptionally hot, then don't go flannel.  Use 100% cotton regular sheets and shrink them as much as possible for a better fit.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:09:45 pm by ron.dittmer »
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

bgolden

• View Profile
  • OwnPC: Yes
  • NewUsed: New
  • PurchDate: January 2008
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • IntColor: Maple/Beige
  • ExtColor: White
Re: If Struggling With Your 2350 Rear Corner Bed, Consider This
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 09:43:54 am »
Ron, did you stop using the TravaSak?
Bill and Karen Golden

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser
  • IntColor: Cherry Green&Gray
  • ExtColor: Full Body Gray
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 12:07:39 pm »
Ron, did you stop using the TravaSak?
We never had one to begin with.  I have talked to Irene about other methods, but she insists on staying with conventional bedding.  And it seems we have something that is fairly friendly now.

When it comes to the domestic stuff, Irene rules.  She insists we bring a variety of pillows which once during very trip I let off a little bit of steam over them.  The night/morning ritual has me carrying 4 extra pillows between the bed in back and the front cab seats.  Using so many extra pillows to watch TV in bed is too much to me.  I know two pillows could be tossed for sure and we wouldn't miss them, but my lady has her reasons......And Happy Wife = Happy Life
Ron (& Irene) Dittmer

bgolden

• View Profile
  • PurchDate: January 2008
  • ModelYear: 2008
  • IntColor: Maple/Beige
  • ExtColor: White
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 04:44:06 pm »
So, Karen bought a TravaSak, when we ordered the PC from Don, and I thought you were the person who suggested it.
 Oh well. We love our TravaSak.
Bill and Karen Golden

Ron Dittmer

• Ron and Irene
    • View Profile
    • My 2007 2350 Phoenix Cruiser